\\ Prologue //

:18 years ago

It was a calm and a quiet day at the pack's medical center. But in an instant everything went chaotic as a pack of werewolves barge in through the emergency door.

"Get Dr.Dunn here fast!"

A man yelled to the nurses. Some of the on-call nurses and doctors rushed to where the chaos was heard from while one stayed back and dialed Dr. Mathew Agus Dunn, the head and the pack's doctor.

"Doctor Dunn!" The nurse says as she nervously taps her fingers on the counter.

"There is an emergency sir, a baby is brought in and she is unconsious. Her whole body is cold. We need you to get there fast"

He mutters something to her.

" Mhm yes sir, Dr Cedric and Dr.Victoria are on call" She nods her head as he instruct her on what to do.

She hang up the phone and dashes to the operation room where the baby was now taken to and did what she was told to do.

- 10 mins later -

Dr.Dunn arrives to the center and he runs inside the building carrying his stethascope in his hand.

"Sir!" Dr Cedric calls out.

"Cedric what is this about?" Mathew asks panting.

"The baby is in ventilation now. Unfortunately she was poisioned with wolf's bane but we gave the necessary antidote and got her heart back to normal beating rate. Her body temperature is slightly below the average but its getting better. Her pupils wer- " Cedric was cut off

"Poision in a baby ?! What for ?! Poor thing" Mathew exclaimed in shock.

Mathew's heart broke into million pieces as he stared into the glass of the ventilation machine, seeing the precious little baby sleeping soundlessly with all sorts of tube going in and out of her. As a husband that wanted kids of his own but was unfortunate to not have one, Mathew could not believe how someone could be that heartless to hurt a baby .

"We do not know that sir. If the guards on duty outside the territory missed her, she would not be here.They found her inside a cage covered with leaves to prevent anyone from seeing. They suggest it could be a rogue's but why is the question." Cedric says as he furrows his eyebrows.

"Did you do any DNA test?" Mathew questioned.

"Her blood was too contaminated with the wolf's bane sir, the test would not show a true result"

Mathew sighs as he rubs his forehead thinking hard about what to do.

"Well, we will carry out the next steps to remove all of the wolf bane and then, conduct a DNA test after that. Has there being any notice of a missing baby?" Mathew asks.

"No sir but we have notified other packs and maybe we can get some information soon."

Mathew nods his head and both of them walk to his room to discuss on what to do next.

- 1 month later -

The wolf's bane was completely removed from the blood and a DNA test was carried out. Unfortunately, the test was no match to anyone inside the pack either a rogue's or another pack's. Neitherless, every single pack was notified but there was no response.

Days passed as Dr. Dunn grew a close bond with the little baby. Each passing day, his desire to have a child grew. He soon realized that this baby had shown and proven to him that he was capable of being a father. That is when he made a life changing decision, to adopt her.

However, the baby was soon given to an orphanage. If Mathew could take the little one right away, he would but unfortunately, it is one of the most important rules in a pack, to never take in an outsider no matter the circumstance.

- 2 Years later -

"Ise, I have been thinking alot and wanted to talk to you about something"
Mathew sighs as he takes a seat next to his wife Isebella Lughis Dunn, his mate who he married 10 years ago.

"What is it honey?" Isebella asks

"Remember that baby, the one that was poisioned and brought in two years ago?"

"Mhm"

There was a long silence as Mathew got himself ready to ask a serious question.

"Can we take her in?" He blurts it out .

"Mathew I ... You know I want to as well, but you know the risk that comes with it. We dont know if this a rogue's child, we dont know anything! The Alpha would throw us out if we disobey the rules."

Isebella spoke as tears rolled down her eyes as she saw the pain in her mate's eyes.

" I will speak with the Alpha .. " Mathew says as he gets up with a look of determination to get to his goal .

Fast forward to few months later , the baby 's owners were still unidentified . Her health has gotten alot better. She was nothing but a bundle of joy. She was what the first thing Mathew and Isebella thought of the second they woke up. There was never a day that passed by that these two mates wished for a baby and something in Mathew's heart, told him that this baby was the one.

To all joy and happiness, The Alpha of the Eclipse pack, Aiden Hale, decided to let Mathew and Isebella take in this baby as their own . He could not deny it himself that this baby was nothing but joy and most importantly, special.

They named her Alydia Manrose Dunn.