\\Chapter 10//

:The present

Cautiously avoiding bumping into any of the guest, I walked through the crowd following the loud noises of the music being played and the exclamations of the teenagers having a wild time.

The loud thuds of music to my heart kept increasing with every step I took nearing to the area. The LED lights flickered around the place as people jumped around dancing with red cups filled with beer and other beverages. Some stripped to their under garments and pushed each other to the pool as the water splashed to everyone closer to it.

No one stood alone, every one was gathered into their usual groups and bickering, having no care about what is happening around them. It was an advantage for me and I slowly paced my way through the drunk kids hoping to be unnoticed.

I stopped at the corner where I could easily see the whole area and scanned every face to find Elaine.

Ah Ha!

I spotted her having a great time, giggling and chatting with a groups of kids who I could not make out since the huge shadow of the rooftop sat over their faces.

Without wasting a second I began walking to her, bumping into several people and earning some cuss words as well.

As I got closer to them, the shadow of the rooftop started to fade away, unveiling the faces of the people, Elaine was speaking with. Immediately my eyes catches a glimpse of a mid length wavy blonde hair and my whole body froze on the spot.

Kristen

The first thought that came into my head sent shivers down my spine so I kept my eyes on the figure to make sure if it really was the living version of my night mare and unfortunately it was.

Her loud laugh ringed in my ears as she clinged on to Elaine. Her cold grey eyes traveled back and forth between Elaine and someone else who was standing to the corner. I turned my head in that direction to see who it was.

And there he was leaning on with his right leg on the wall.

Eugene

Wearing a black leather jacket, paired with black pants and shoes. He had his usual playboy smirk plastered on his handsome face as he sipped on to a beverage listening to the jokes and gossips of his companions.

My eyes were stuck on him and my body was frozen in the middle of the crowd when suddenly some one bumped into me diverting my attention to them.

"Could you move out of the way instead of standing there like a dumbass?"

Vanessa, a fellow class mate of mine spoke up throwing her hands in the air.

"Sorry I did not mean to".

I moved out of the way and let my eyes follow her as she walked away to the other side.

She disappeared into the crowd and I turned around to face Elaine again when I saw a familiar pair of emeral green eyes staring at me. My heart began to raise as the adrenaline rushed through my veins filling me up with panic.

Crap!He saw me

His eyes were now focused on my frozen body as he slowly straightened himself,taking his leg off of the wall.He sipped on the last bit of the beverage, mangled the cup and tossed it away harshly all while locking his eyes with mine. I gulped feeling a lump build up in my throat sensing his anger from meters away.

I know better than to walk into my death trap so I am just going to leave-

"Alydia! Oh my god, you made it "

Elaine shrieks and runs towards me enclosing me into the tightest hug.

"Oh Hey, it is so nice to meet you".

Wait What?

Elaine stared at me blankly.

I flounder with the awkwardness I caused.

"Sorry Sorry, I mean Hey. Yes I made it".

I forced a fake laugh out.

God why do I always have to be a clown and make a fool out of myself.

Elaine pauses for a second and burst out laughing.

"You sure about that?"

I nod my head and looked away, in embarrassment.

"Alrighty then! Shall we get the party started then?".

She impersonate an australian accent and streches her arm out for me to grab on to which I did and the next thing I know, she is dragging me to where Eugene and the rest was at.

Great! so much for escaping my death.

"Shall we go to the guest house now?".

Elaine asks Eugene who was eyeing me doubtfully head to toe.

Some snorted as I stood there awkwardly and the others were in shock finding out Elaine, a classy gorgeous girl, is friends with an unattractive, weird wimp like myself. Feeling uneasy, I hung my head down.

"Babe, thats the friend you were waiting for?".

The voice of my usual tormenter was heard as she exaggerated the word, friend.

Elaine lets out a soft laugh and looked at me with loving eyes.

"Oh yeah, you guys know Alydia right?".

She wraps her hand around my waist, comforting me.

"Ofcourse we do, Who does not know Alydia?"

Kristen scoffed as she eyed me and immediately my head sprung up hearing my name out of her filthy mouth.

She glared at me trying to control herself from exploding and begin her usual torment but something was holding her back.

I wonder what it could be

"Haven't seen you in a gathering like this in ages. I wonder why?".

Her lips twitched as she finished the sentence.

My lips parted but no words came out.

Honestly, I did not want my mouth to utter anything because I know she knows the reasons so why even bother.

So I just plastered a fake smile and shurgged my shoulder.

Suddenly, someone walks up behind me bumping their hard chest against my shoulder

I flinch and turned around to see who it was and there stood Eugene, inches apart and towering over me.

My eyes traveled back and forth between his glistening green eyes and soft lips. I gulped and bit my lip.

Control yourself

Who am I kidding, I cannot!

A low growl escaped his lips which made me snap back into reality. He was glaring at me with his usual espression at the presence of me so I moved to the side and he proceeds to hands a key set to Elaine.

"Lets go!".

Elaine grabs my hands and drags me before I could protest.

----------------