\\ Chapter 3//

Alydia 's POV

" So "

" Do you want to first discuss and then start the test?"

His glassy eyes, now facing me.

He let go of the test tube and then folds his arms as he straightens himself. He waits for me to talk.

Is he really not going to say anything?

I looked at the equipments in front of him and me, to start discussing. But no. My mind went blank.

"Did you want to discuss? " A smirk appeared on his face.

I am so good at making a fool out of myself in front of the guy i am in love with.

" Yes, discuss because I dont know how to do it. So, would you mind explaining?"

A genuine smile plastered on my face. 

He let out a soft laugh in his deep voice and leans towards me. His eyes now leveled with mine. Instantly, he grabs my hand bringing  me closer to him. He places his lips close to my ear and I could feel his minty breath, I could not help but shiver.

"You know what is great about being a werewolf?" He asks with that smirk still on his face and his eyes studying every feature of my face.

I could not pull myself through to look at him as I was embarrassed and shy. He moves his other hand up to my chin, and pushed my face. Our eyes met. Again.

I shake my head no.

The smirk disappeared and now his eyes showed nothing but anger.

"Did you listen to your heartbeat?"

My heart was beating so fast. One way you can know someones lying is their heart beat. It beats rapidly. How did I forget that? He was listening to my heartbeat through his werwolf hearing as I spoke.

" Eugene, I-I am sorry, I just-" I said, my voice now dry.

" You just what?" He cut me off knowing yet again that I was going to lie.

My eyes now jumping from one eye of his to another. I gulped and said " I just spaced out and completely forgot about this. I just did not want to look like I do not know? a fool? so yeah"

I told the truth. Kind of. I mean its not like I can tell him I spaced out because of him. No way.

He let go of my hand which I did not realize was held hard as I felt the numbness.

"Yeah but you see the thing is ...  you are!" Lisa, Kristen's friends says, quickly turning her head our way and looking straight into my eyes.

She was sitting infront of us and I did not see her. I am screwed. How did I not see her red hair, it is the one thing that makes her stand out other than her stupidity. My heart was beating even faster than it did before as I begin to imagine what Kristen would do after she finds out that I spoke with him.

" She knows that " Mary chymes in and they both laugh.

Eugene laughs along with them. My heart sank and my eyes filled up tears. I wipe off a tear that fell and hid my face from my long hair.

You are so dead  - Lisa mind links me.

Great ! Just what I wanted on the first day of school

I acted like I did not care and went on with my work but inside, I died a little just imagining all the punches and kicking I am going to get.

The rest of the 45 minutes was spent with complete silence between me and Eugene. I could not focus,  my mind was brainstorming ideas on how to escape Kristen without them seeing me.

"Alright class!" Mrs.Stilinksi began as the bell rang and everyone got up to leave

" One last thing, you have a quiz tommorrow. You can leave now!"

A big smile appeared on her face as she saw the disappointed looks on these teenagers' face .

I hugged my books tightly and pushed passed Eugene . Lisa and Mary jumped to catch me but fortunately they did not succeed. Now I had three teen werewolves growling, wanting to rip me apart with their bare teeth.

_____________________

I arrived at my AP History class. The only class I was not late to today.
I was about to sit in the front seat but did not when I remembered I got in trouble for sleeping in class. I quickly walked over to a table at the very back and took my seat there.

I felt as if someone was gazing at me and so I turned around to see Sarah and Abigail staring back at me. They were another couple friends of Kristen. Evil grins smothered all over their faces. They probably already found out by now.

I was so focused at the girls that I did not realize that someone has taken a seat in front me, and was holding out their hand for handshake.

"Heyyy, you alive?" She waves her hand infront of my face.

I turned to look at her. She had long brown hair, wavy as mine, cute chubby cheeks, full plump lips and eyes as adorable as a puppy. Her sense of style in fashion was better than mine, dressed decently and girlish.

" Not really, just kidding, I was distracted. Thats all". I said reassuring her.

" I am Elaine, Elaine Damon. The new kid". She said, her face beaming with pure happiness.

I was a debating if she was really speaking with me because nobody does that. I look back to only find the wall.

" Oh Hey, you have a really beautiful name"

"Thanks and yours?"

"  Its Alydia Dunn " I say with a little smile on my face.

"A beauty! Sounds like the name of my first friend here in this new school"

Me. A friend of hers. Did I hear that right?

_____________________________