\\ Chapter 4//

Alydia's POV

I snorted "Me?"

" No the wall! Yes dummy, you! " She said as she tugged on the collar of my hoodie.

I stared at her in confusion. There was no way that she did not know how much people in this school hated me. Could she be another clone of Kristen sent to stalk me?

That is not possible, she seems too sweet to be a bitter person like Kristen.

Deep down, I was beaming knowing that I am going to have a friend in a very long time but I was also suspicious, slightly. Nevertheless, I put aside all thoughts and decided to go along with it.

"Sure I guess"

Our teacher comes in and Elaine gives out her big smile one last time before she turns around to focus for class. I could still feel the stares of Sarah and Abigail.

We were assigned to write an essay regarding a war. I opened my notebook and was about to plan out and write it when it suddenly hit me.

They will hurt Elaine. They will hurt anyone that is close to me and I cannot watch that happen to her.

I bit my lip in frustration and tap the pen on my book thinking of what I have done. I am putting an innocent girl's life at risk by being friends with her. No, I cannot possibly let that happen. I felt my face and neck burning up, all sorts of horrible thoughts coming in.

I crossed my arms and layed my head on the table. My eyelids forcefully closing as I try to focus on my unstable breathing. I felt a soft hand stroking mine but I couldnt even lift my head up to see who it was as I felt lifeless all over my body. They began to mumble something. Another hand grabbed my shoulder and lifted me up.

"Alydia, are you alright?"

I recognized that voice. It was my teacher. My vision was coming back to normal and I realized Elaine was staring at me with a worried expression on her face.

" A-Actually Miss , C-Can I go to the n-nurse "

All I heard was mumbling and giggles thrown my way but I refused to focus on that.

" Sure, Go ahead "

"Elaine meet me at the cafeteria, Please"

I packed my bag and left from the room. She sat there with a worried and a confused look on her face. I felt so horrible but I was doing this for her safety.
_________________

: At the nurse

"Its not a big problem. You have no energy in your body. Have you had you breakfast this morning?". The nurse asks

" Oh I was running late, could not eat anything."

" Alright, I will give you permission to go have a meal from the cafeteria. Do you have enough cash with you?"

I searched the sides on my bag and inside the pockets of my jeans and remembered I left in a hurry, could not grab a meal or cash.

" Ah I do not have any cash. But can I stay here? I know I will pass out if I go back to the class". I asked with pleading eyes.

She laughed and motioned me to sit outside.

I will just ask the triplets for some money. Recess is soon anyways.

____________

I was having a good sleep hugging my bag when the school bell rang. As a result, I feel off of the chair. In a way I am glad I did, otherwise I would have never woken up whatsoever. I grabbed my bag from the floor and started walking to the cafeteria.