\\ Chapter 7//

: 10 years ago

Author's POV

It was a regular day at the Hale's mansion as Aiden and the guards got prepared for a patrol across the territory walls.

He walks back and forth across his office room, his arms folded and lips tugged into a frown, as he waits patiently for his guards' signal to commence with the patrol. A knock was heard and a guard walks in to the office room Aiden was in.

"Sir , we are ready. No reports of any rogues around the walls too."

" Good! We can leave now."

Aiden nods his head in relief of the news and walks out of the room as the guard followed behind him. They shift into their wolves and sprinted towards the territory walls with their incredible werewolf speed.

The Eclipse pack had owned this territory for multiple centuries and has always being one of the highly secured and safest of all packs, with its strong and brave leaders from the Hale family. Anybody that dared to step foot into this territory and cause harm, never left back to their own, alive.

Hale family are the most loyal and the strongest leaders of all time, never breaking any rules. But Aiden Hale had a different story. He let his fatherly instincts get the best of him. He decided to break one simple yet dangerous rule for a family that long wished for a child.

A few years back, Dr Mathew Dunn had a appaling request for Aiden. Considering the service he has done to the pack, sacrifising his life and time and seeing his desire to be a father, Aiden decided to bend the rules and let him adopt a little girl that was found in this very part of the territory that the pack was heading to now.

He took the risk, risk of danger towards his pack and lived with the guilt for years. To compensate to what he has done, he increased security around the territory, trained his guards with his own blood, sweat and tears and made sure nobody, not a single soul, werewolf or not, ever passed the territory walls after the incident. Each passing day, he did not sleep till he made sure everything was secured.

: At the territory walls

"Alright secure the premises".

Alpha Aiden voices as he took over his wolf.

The guards diverged around searching, for anything suspicious and unusual. Aiden did the same as he paced around, observing and sniffing the air around him for any scent or trace.

The sun has shown her blazing rays along the pathway Alpha Aiden was taking. The long trail of trees and bushes stood on the sides of the pathway.

Aiden was too observant of a scratch marked on a tree trunk debating if it was caused by a living thing or just the tree's bark, when a gush of wind roared past him towards a stupendous tree. Instantly, a growl escaped his lips and he shifted his entire attention to that.

He took his steps slowly and cautiously, listening to noises through his werewolf hearing and sniffing the air as he made his way to the tree.The sun shone his way causing him to shield his eyes with his forhand. The blazzing rays of the sun on his eyes left him squinting his eyes and tilting his head, alternatively as he tries endeavour what was among that tree. Steadily, the rays began to disperse away as the enormous trees hug themselves over the tree, giving it shade.

Enclosed within a large root of the tree was a rusted, unsecured cage shielded by parched, withered leaves. There was a blanket inside the cage but it had dimmed and ripped away due to old age. Aiden kneeled to inspect what it was. His hand slowly reached for the cage and slight touch of it gave him a flashback.

* Flash back begins *

" She was left in a cage covered with leaves and hidden , left to die sir. We looked as we heard some whimpering. We thought it was an animal hurt but then .. we found her"

* Flashback ends*

Aiden stood up on his feet again, astound, began to look around in hopes of finding something that he has been searching for 10 years.

Whose baby is this little girl?

The pack had disregarded the search for any information related to the girl, a long time ago, as it seemed immpossible to discover anything but something in him told that today, he could finally achieve answers to his trail of questions. His eyes traveled from every corner to another, when they stopped at the trunk of the same tree. Something was written but dimmed with dust and the layer of a root grown over it. He walked towards it, brought his claws out and started to detach the layer off.

He stood up and walked back. Step by step. His lips parted with dismay and fear, withered all over on his face.

----------------------------------