Penelope Garcia: Can't You See It

Pairing: Penelope Garcia x Reader 

Relationship: Romantic

Fluff, Angst

POV: Third person

Gender: Non-binary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (Y/N) walked through the glass doors and headed for their desk, still in disarray from the paperwork they were doing the night before. They groggily sat in their chair and laid their head on their folded arms, on the edge of sleep. They almost allowed themselves to plunge into the tempting dreams when they heard a voice that they had grown to love. "Hey sleepyhead," Garcia spoke, with an almost foreign awakeness. (Y/N) grumbled, still with their head on their arms. "It's too early," (Y/N) said.

     "It's 8 a.m, (Y/N)," Garcia said, giggling. "You still have paperwork?"

     "Don't I always have paperwork?" (Y/N) laughed.

     "Wanna do it in my awesome Batcave?" Garcia asked, hope evident in her voice, though (Y/N) never noticed. This happened a lot. (Y/N) never seemed to notice the subtle gestures, glances, and hopeful questions. They never truly understood why Garcia would always get upset whenever (Y/N) put themselves in danger.

     (Y/N) lifted their head and nodded, slowly gathering their paperwork and walking slowly behind Garcia.

Time skip cause I can :)

     Around an hour after (Y/N) followed Garcia into her lair, JJ came and announced that they had another case. Reluctantly, (Y/N) stood up with their almost-finished pile of paperwork and followed JJ, giving Garcia a quick wave and shutting the door. After they were briefed, the team got on the plane and began their flight to Leavenworth, Kansas.

I should probably stop doing these time skips but... oh well :)

     After finding the third body from that week, the team finally got a break in the case. The body had traces of sweat and gasoline on it. Though they could not find a match in the system for the sweat, they were able to trace back to a certain company that sells the gasoline. (A/n: I don't know if you can do that or if I'm making it up. I can't find anything on google that gives me a real answer) Garcia eventually found that only one car repair shop purchased this kind of gasoline online. The team quickly headed to the shop.

     The team ran in with their guns drawn, Prentiss in front. (Y/N) made their way to the back of the shop, where they found a door. Stupidly, they opened the door, seeing as it was unlocked. With their gun raised, they stepped into the room swiftly. What they saw caused them to look in confusion. It was just a car, but (Y/N) quickly realized a sinister truth. They heard the ticking first. Then, they felt the cold metal on their back. "If you scream out or whatever, I won't hesitate to shoot," the rough, stern voice tells them. (Y/N) quietly nods, not turning around. "In the car is a bomb that I set. I need you to go to the driver's side, get in and drive. I don't care where, just drive." They nod once more in understanding.

     The man lets (Y/N) go and they walk to the car, now more aware of the ticking noise. They open the car door and look back to see the man pressing a button to open the garage door that (Y/N) hadn't noticed was in front of them, blocking the car from the road outside. They sat in the seat and started the car with the keys that were already in the ignition. (Y/N) drove out of the garage, going about 50 yards, when they called Garcia.

     "Hey my sweets, what can I do for you?" they hear Garcia's usual perky voice speak.

     "Hey, Garcia. So, I'm in a predicament right now. The unsub cornered me in a garage and now I'm driving a car with a bomb in it," (Y/N) says, voice shaking.