Spencer Reid: I've Been Looking Since Forever

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Reader; Team x Reader

Relationship: Parent; Family

Fluff, Angst (sorta)

POV: First Person- Reader

Gender: Female 

A/N: Dad Spencer is best Spencer :)

---------------------------------------------

     "This is it?" I ask the PI I had hired.

     "Yep. There's not a lot about him I could find but I did get his workplace, name, and basic info," the PI says, smiling at me.

     We were sat in my small apartment that my mother left for me before she died two months ago. Being sixteen, I was given the option of going into the system or emancipation. I chose the latter. Having an IQ of 190 and being in my second-to-last year of college made the decision a lot easier.

     I had never known my father. My mother only told me stories about their summer fling. She was twenty while he was 18 but they worked well together. They broke up before school started again and my mother found out she was pregnant only two weeks after.

     She never told me his name, only vague details. She said I was a lot like him. She called me her 'Little Smarty Bug', a name that made me so embarrassed before but now I yearned for her to call me it just once more. She said I had his jawline, floppy hair, and hazel eyes. I could tell by the way she would always talk about him that she was still in love with him.

     I stared at the manilla folder that was set in front of me. The Private Investigator coughed. "Um... Can I get my money now?" I lifted my head and smiled weakly.

     "Yea...Yes of course. Sorry," I apologize.

     I handed her a decent wad of cash and she headed for my front door, bidding me good luck.  I stared back down at the folder. Despite how thin it was, it held all the information I'd always wanted to learn. My father was in these papers and I didn't know if I still wanted to open it.

     What if he didn't want to see me? What if he hates me? What if he doesn't want to know me? What if he gets mad? I've already lived this long not knowing, why can't I just keep not knowing? 

     'That's ridiculous,' I thought. With shaky hands, I lifted the front flap of the folder, beginning to read the paper slowly, despite my ability to read 18,000 words per minute. I wanted to savor every word. 

Bada-bing, Bada-Boom, Skiddadally-do

     I stood at the front desk of the FBI building that my father, Dr. Spencer Reid, worked at. "Can I please see Dr. Spencer Reid? It's important," I practically beg.

     "Ma'am, I can't just let you inside the FBI building. I'm sure you understand," the woman says.

     "Can't you call him down or something? Or have someone escort me up? Please, I need to see him." I know I sounded eager. I was.

     She sighed. "Alright, I'll get someone to escort you up there."

     I smiled at her. "Thank you."

     She gave me a closed-mouthed smile as she called for security to escort me up to the sixth-floor.

Skippity-dipity yeet

     I was standing in the center of a room while the security guard went to talk to the Unit Chief to get my father. 'That feels really weird to think. He's my father and he's going to walk through that door any moment,' I thought. Sure enough, a tall, lanky man walks through the door.

     "Hi, I'm Dr. Spencer Reid. What can I help you with?" he politely says.

     I'm speechless. I look so much like him. My mother was right. We both had fluffy brown hair, a defined jawline, and bright hazel eyes. "I-Uh-Um," I stutter. I look down at my feet and take a deep breath.

     "My name is (Y/n) (L/n). Uh... Why don't you just look at this folder while I talk." I hand him the folder and continue talking.

     "When I was born, my mother, (M/N) (M/L/N) was by herself. I never knew my father. When she died two months ago, I decided to find him. I hired a private investigator to find my father. And she came back with a folder about you. I- Uh- I think you can guess what that means. My mother always said you were really smart, like me. And I looked a lot like you."

     He closed the folder and looked up at me, speechless. "I-Uh," he stuttered.

     "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here. I knew you wouldn't want to know me," I say while collecting my sweater.

     "What-No. I'm just shocked, that's all. I'm sorry. Just, your mother, she... She never told me," he says.

     We stand there, just staring at each other for what felt like hours. Tears began to brim my eyes. Some fell down my cheeks. Spencer moved forward to wipe them away. I flinched away, not liking to be touched by others. "Sorry, I don't like being touched by other people. Germs," I laugh.

     "Don't worry I'm the same way." He smiles at me and I smile back. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm super SUPER sorry for not posting in a while. I haven't been into Criminal Minds as I used to be but I'll try to write some in this book still. I know this is a lot like some other one-shots but it's the best I could do. Also, I'm so sorry it's short :(

Anyways, it's December 30th, 2019 currently, soo...

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR'S AND I'LL SEE YOU NEXT DECADE *mumbles: I'm such a dad*