⇢ eclipse ⇠

14 

eclipse 

"You have my permission to back out." 

Ahn Na giggles, a small sound that sends his sun-heart spinning. "Don't be silly. I've wanted to meet Johnny and Sola since you first talked about them." 

"They're the definition of meant-to-be." 

"That's adorable." 

He cocks an eyebrow. "You aren't jealous?" 

She giggles again, and he's in full-orbit. She squeezes his hand, the dwarf planet enfolding the sun. "There's more than one kind of meant-to-be, Jaehyun." 

He wonders if that's true as they settle in their seats. 

Candles on the tables cast dancing lights about the restaurant. Somehow Doyoung has managed to clear out the entire establishment and to ensure that no one from Dispatch follows them. 

He and Ahn Na murmur nothings to one another as they wait. Jaehyun wants to contemplate meant-to-bes, but his slice of the solar system drowns out the white noise. 

She makes nothing mean everything. 

Then, a solar wind crashes through the room. "Sorry about the wait," Johnny says, breathless. He removes his coat and collapses into the chair opposite Ahn Na. 

Johnny is a lunar eclipse. Large, warm, and beautiful. And Sola is the gravity that pulls him into orbit. 

She slips in after Johnny. Her hair is brown today: darker at the roots, and growing lighter at the tips. As usual, she looks beautiful. She glows. In part from her own system of stars, and in part from Johnny's moonglow. 

"Someone," Johnny's saying as Sola also takes off her coat, "had to reapply their makeup a million times." 

Sola snorts, catching Jaehyun's eye before she locks gazes with Ahan Na. "Not true. This kid somehow managed to smack his head on the car, and he whined like a baby for twenty minutes." 

Johnny pouts and Sola pretends not to see. 

But Ahn Na is smiling like a solar flare. She leans over to Jaehyun and whispers, "I see what you mean. They're definitely meant to be."

And he wonders if, when Johnny and Sola look at him and Ahn Na, they think maybe they're kismet as well. 

Or perhaps they're chaos theory: the destruction and randomness of perturbed stardust settling into fractals and perfection. Maybe that's a kind of meant-to-be. 

;;

a/n: if you've read Naked, then you know Sola and Johnny. if you haven't read it, don't worry. this nctverse can be read as standalones. BUT if you're curious about how Sola and Johnny came to be, check it out on my profile! (it's the first installment of the nctverse) 

also, i love Sola and Johnny with my every fiber <3 it's so nice to write about them again :3