Chapter 1: Caves

A/N: "Here we go with the first chapter."

Ghost: "Guardian what about the-"

A/N: "I got it covered."

Ghost: "Let's hope you do."
—————————————————————————
A few minutes after entering the cave.
Void's prospective

Caves. I hate caves. Even after doing this for a couple years, I still hate them. Reminds me of much of the moon back in Sol. I half expect that one of these days, I'm going to turn the corner in some cavern and run across a thrall or acolyte.

I let out an audible sigh as me and Slayer made our way deeper into the cavern.

Slayer: "You ok?"

Void: "Just remembering some things."

Slayer: "About your old life?"

Void: "Yeah."

Slayer: "Well don't dwell on it to long or-"

Void: "Or a goblin could jump you. Ya I know, I got motion trackers."

Slayer: "Still you can't rely on your 'magic'."

Void: "I know."

I look down at my hand and a small ball of void light forms in it. It flickers as I hold it.

Void: (I guess I'm near my end.)

I dispel it as I return to my thoughts. I guess it wouldn't last forever. I've drained my light supply to almost nothing. At most I can cast maybe one super a week, two if I push it. At this point I'll be completely drained within a year-

(Play the song of you want.)

I get pulled out of my thoughts again as crying starts to echo from further in. I looked over at Slayer, who gave me a nod as we sped up a bit. We walked for a few minutes as we came across a girl in white with a arrow in her shoulder, a couple goblins, and the girl they were... you know what I mean.

The goblins turned to us as we approached. One with a bow had enough balls to fire an arrow at us. Slayer simply parried it to the side with his short sword. He stepped on it as another goblin tried to jump and stab him with its dagger. He raised his shield as the goblin clinged on and went to stab him in the neck. He did nothing as it impacted his shoulder, then slammed it into the cave wall. While keeping it pinned he thrusted the torch into its face. It screamed in agony before falling silent as it fell to the floor lifeless.

Slayer: "That's one."

The goblin with the bow tried to run but the girl in white held her staff to block its path. This gave me the chance to throw one of my knives into the back of its head. A torrent of blood shot out of its head as it fell down lifeless, just like the other one.

Void: "That's two."

Girl: "Who are you? Where did you come from?"

Slayer walked up next to me as I looked down at the girl.

Slayer: "I am Goblin Slayer."

Void: "And the names Void."

The girl looked at us for a bit as I guess she noticed our silver ranks.

Girl: "Slivers?"

Slayer: "Wait are you a rookie?"

Girl: "Yes, I am."