Chapter 9: A date with death

A/N: "So six went down into the pit and only one returned, so what will happen when our six head down to the sewers?"

Ghost: "They'll probably be fine."

A/N: "Well just keep in mind what it costed Eris."
—————————————————————————
Void's perspective

We were standing out in the rain after returning to the sewers.

Priestess: "So does anyone want to go to the baths?"

Elf: "No I'll pass, I don't like the baths, it's like the spirits of air, fire and water are all jumbled up together, which is a bit off putting."

Dwarf: "Personally I wouldn't mind unwinding with a bit of food and drink."

Lizardmen: "There is nothing better for a fatigued soul then a nice wheel of cheese."

Priestess: "And what about you two?"

Slayer: "I have to mail something."

Priestess: "Like a letter?"

Slayer: "Yes."

He begins to walk off when something catches my eye in a nearby ally, I don't know why but it seemed familiar? I walked off while the Priestess was still watching Slayer so I left unnoticed. Walking up to it I caught a glimpse of a feminine figure rounding the corner at the end of the alley, picking up the pace to a jog and turning the corner to find a dead end but with no one there. The only thing that caught my eye was a glimmer in the corner by some old creatures. Moving them aside I was surprised to see a familiar statue sitting on the floor, eyes still gleaming.

 Moving them aside I was surprised to see a familiar statue sitting on the floor, eyes still gleaming

Void: "What?"

I bent down and picked it up before it crumbled to dust in my hands leaving only a note written in very ornate letters.

Ready yourself for what is to come, guardian.

From, the one who watches.

After reading it I slipped it into a pouch and looked up at a crow that was watching me. It let a cry and flew off as the rain pelted against my helmet. Pulling my hood up more I made my way to the guild hall with a smile on my face.

Small Timeskip

I was walking up to the guild when I ran into the Elf.

Elf: "Oh Void, where did you go off too?"

Void: "Let's just say I got a message from an old friend."

She let out a little hm before we headed into the guild. Though as we entered we got looks from some guys sitting around a table.

Random adventurer: "Well look at her, that there's a high elf."

Random adventurer 2: "You don't say, I've never laid my eyes on one of them before."