Chapter 8: Sword maiden

A/N: "Today is the day we visit the sword maiden."

Ghost: "Why would she call Void and Slayer?"

A/N: "Why else? Goblins! Now on the the chapter!"
—————————————————————————
Void's perspective

It was late at night when me and Slayer entered the guild. On our way inside, the Guild girl gave us a short bow from her desk as we made our way over to the rest of our party. They were discussing the defeat of the Demon king which reminded me of the old times back in the Last city after defeating Crota and Oryx, when the civilians were talking about that for weeks. We made it over to the table where the Elf finally took notice of us.

Elf: "Oh Orkbolg, Void, the hero's quest was successful!"

Slayer: "That doesn't matter."

Void: "Slayer I know why we're here and all, but give the girl some credit."

Slayer ignored me and walked to the head of the table.

Slayer: "We have a quest, so are you coming or not?"

Elf: "Uh seriously."

Priestess: "This is something I have suspected for a while, but now I'm completely convinced. You're going to drive me crazy with every move you make."

Void: "You and me both little light."

Priestess: "So now listen up, we've been over this before, it's not a discussion unless everyone else has a say."

Slayer: "But I am giving you a say."

Priestess: "No you're not, whatever we choose the outcome is the same."

Void: "She has a point."

Slayer sighs as the Elf speaks up.

Elf: "Say if we said no, you just go by yourself right?"

Slayer: "Of course."

Elf: "So she's right, this isn't a discussion."

Dwarf: "The fact that he's even asking us at least means he's getting better."

Lizardmen: "Indeed, this is a sign of progress."

The Priestess got up and stood before him.

Priestess: "Well still I've decided, I'm going with you."

Lizardmen: "You don't know how many goblins you will face, the more spell casters you have the higher your success will be."

Dwarf: "Well our traveling expenses seem to be in order, so we might as well come."

Elf: "Now after this quest, you'll go on another adventure with us! How does that sound?"

Slayer: "Sure. Void?"

Void: "I was going to go with you anyway."

Elf: "Hey I wasn't finished! Now you can't do any more water torture."

Priestess: "Or setting them on fire."

Elf: "Or poisoning them."

Slayer: "No poison."

Elf/ Princess: "Absolutely not!"

Slayer: "Very well."

Elf: "That goes for you two Void."

Void: "Fine by me, as long as I can use my shotgun then I'm fine."

Elf: "Well then I'm glad you agree."