Chapter 1

"Come on it's my birthday!! Pleeeaaasse? " I beg as I look up at him with puppy dog eyes. I could tell it was working and that I was wearing on him. Grayson tried not to look but I knew guilting him nicely was his weakness. He's too much of a people pleaser to disappoint and it's one of the many qualities I love about him.

He's been my best friend forever, well if you count since diapers as forever. Our mothers were best friends since their childhood so you bet that when Grayson's mom got the news that my mom was expecting she was over the moon because she in fact had just found out that she was also pregnant. They had always dreamed of being next door neighbors so that's exactly what they did once they were financially stable which meant that Grayson and I grew up right next to each other our whole lives. We saw each other everyday without fail. Our birthdays are only about a month and a half apart too so it helped that we were in the same grade. We even went on all of our family vacations together because well, we were raised like family.

Grayson and I were practically inseparable, we loved each other's company. If we weren't sleeping over at his house then we were sleeping over at mine and of course our mothers didn't mind since they were always in and out of each house anyway due to their own long lasting friendship. The constant sleepovers actually lasted all the way throughout high school sure it wasn't as often as when we were children but it was still plenty often to maintain such a close bond. We also never found a need for one of us to sleep on the floor. Sure over time we both got way bigger and more muscular considering we were both on the football, lacrosse and wrestling team but there was still plenty of room in our queen size beds for one another. Hell I even came out to Gray in high school when we were 15 while he was in my bed. I had been having a hard time sorting myself out till one day it hit me, of course Grayson noticed my mood change so he asked me about it. Sure I panicked on slightly wondering if he'd judge me but that was the literal worse case scenario in my mind.

As soon as the words "I'm gay" left my lips Grayson looked at me, lifted my chin so my eyes would meet his and he just hugged me. Now even though we shared a bed constantly we still kept to ourselves so while hugs and physical contact weren't out of the norm prolonged physical contact was. I didn't realize just how much I needed that hug until I found myself melting into it and clinging to his arms for my own stability. I pressed my face into the crook of his neck and just inhaled as Grayson exhaled and said "thank you for telling me. You've been distant and off lately and I was worried. I'll never judge you ever. I'm just glad you trust me." I almost damn near cried right then and there. Hey I said almost. Time seemed to pause because I have no idea how long we stayed like that for. All I know is that we eventually settled into a laying position and Grayson had finally separated himself from me, I found myself dozing off until I felt a kiss on my cheek as Grayson uttered the words "goodnight" to me. His eyes closed as mine shot open. I just stared at him as my heart started to race and that was when I finally realized "shit. I'm in love with my best friend." Needless to say I couldn't sleep that night.

Now I know what you're thinking but Grayson is as straight as can be unfortunately he even had a girlfriend from sophomore year to senior year. That was a hard change. For both of us. Her name was Morgan and man did I want to dislike her, hate her even but I just couldn't first of all that would have put way too much stress on Gray and second Morgan was actually pretty damn genuine and perfect for Gray. Grayson was head over heels for her and damn did that hurt to see but he never let that put much strain on our friendship, sure things changed drastically, we actually started spending time apart from each other and had our sleepovers way less often but Grayson never let me feel like I wasn't his number one best friend and damn did I appreciate that. It hurt like hell to see Grayson so in love but I had my feelings in check and was just glad to still have him so prevalent in my life. Eventually as time went on Grayson lost his virginity to her and me to some random guy at a party. Grayson's relationship with her deepened as my fuck boy status grew. I eventually came out as openly gay and to my surprise no one really seemed to have much of a problem with it except for one person but that's a story for later on.

Eventually the middle of senior year came around and that's when things started to get rocky between Morgan and Grayson. They argued more and spent less time together. They had come to the conclusion that since they were headed to different colleges it would just be best to end things before hand the two were so distraught they couldn't even bring themselves to attend prom together so Grayson and I went with a group of our friends and I did everything in my power to make sure that the night was memorable or him.

Now here we are in our second year of college in our joint apartment, me on Graysons bed begging him to come out we me and some friends to gay bar which I knew wasn't Graysons scene at all but hey, like I said it's my birthday. Don't I get what I want?

"Ok fine, you're lucky I love you. You know I'll be there. " Grayson said giving me a genuine smile while mine grew even bigger. God I love this boy.

Authors note: Let me know what you guys think of the chapter.