Chapter 9

Grays P.O.V

I woke up to no Ethan in my bed, which was really weird. I always wake up before him. Why would he get up so early on a Saturday? I got out of bed and checked the bathroom. Empty. Kitchen, nope. Couch, still no Ethan. That's really weird I always find him in one of those 3 places. Then it dawned on me, his room. Sure enough he was sitting up straight, on his bed staring out of the window. I wonder what he's thinking.

It was odd seeing Ethan in his room, as far as I'm concerned he hasn't been in here in over a month. Hell I've even been picking his clothes out for him.
"E?"
"Yeah." He says without turning around.
"You good?" I say gently.
"Thought I was ready..but I'm not."
"Ready for what?" I ask genuinely confused.
"To come back to my room. Sleep alone...I'm not."
"That's okay Ethan, I don't mind sharing a bed hon-
"Oh cut the shit Grayson." He says bluntly but not loud. Throughly taking me aback.
"I know you want your bed back...your personal space back. Your life back even!" Okay now he's yelling.

"Ethan, where is this coming from?? Have I made you feel unwanted because you know that's never my intention. You know you're always welcome.
"Of course you've never made me feel unwanted Gray. You're too damn..YOU!"
"..well what does that mean?"
"It means you're so goddamn nice, nurturing, genuine. God you're just fucking perfect." He says finally getting up from the bed but still not looking at me. I'm so surprised that I don't really know what to say. I pause before I respond.

"So...what's the problem then ?"
"The problem is I'm a burden Gray! That's what the problem is. You had no problem sharing a bed with me for five weeks of YOUR life. Five fucking weeks and you're still willing to share. I love it but it kills me..and I just can't sleep alone now.." He says trailing off from his rant.

"I'm confused."
"Don't you get it Gray?!"
"Get what Ethan?!" Agitation starting to spill out of me.
"Just never mind." He says storming past me grabbing his keys and wallet exiting the apartment.
"Ethan! Ethan where are you going?!" The only response I'm met with is that of a slammed door in my face.