Chapter 14

3rd person P.O.V

Ethan stands there not knowing what to say as he just stared at the woman he dislikes the most stands before him.

"Is Grayson here?" Morgan asks eagerly not even greeting Ethan with so much as a hello.

As if on cue Grayson exits his bedroom with a fresh pair of tight fitting boxers on stumbling into the living room.
"Who's at the door." He says, question falling into a statement as his eyes fall upon Morgan standing face to face with Ethan. Grayson gulps.
"Morgan?"
"Hi Gray." She says cheerfully.
"Can we talk...privately" she says gesturing her head towards Ethan making it clear that she wanted him nowhere near their conversation.

"Um. Come in I guess." Ethan says perplexed.

Grayson walks to the door and stops Morgan from coming further in.

"What do you want Morgan?" He says flatly.
"To talk"
"So talk" he says.
"Okay..well the other day at the diner you left so suddenly. We didn't get to finish our conversation. Did you think about it?"
"Think about what?" Grayson asked, now he was the perplexed one.
"Think about us. Going back to the way things were?..  I miss you Gray. I want you back." She said that last part with confidence.

Grayson couldn't be more confused until vague memories of a couple nights ago came to mind.
"Oh..um. No?"
"No?! What do you mean no?? Don't you miss me Gray?"
"Well- Grayson began.
"Are you seeing someone else, is that it?" She asked furiously now.
Grayson froze. Ethan came to mind, what are they? Does this mean he's gay now. Or is Ethan simply his greatest desire. He stood there confused as these new thoughts flooded his head until one final one came to mind. He and Ethan had no label how was he supposed to answer such a heavy question with so many many more were swirling through his jumbled mind.
"Well. No." He said lowly as soon as this thought came. He slowly lifted his head and looked at Morgan as she smiled showing way too many teeth for Grayson's liking. Then her face changed quick.
"Then why don't you want me? What are are gay like Ethan or something?? I always said you shouldn't be so close with him?" She said with disdain .
"What? No. I'm not gay like Ethan? What does he even have to do with this anyway?? Leave him out of it!" He responded quickly and angrily without thinking.

Wait. Ethan. He crossed Grayson's mind again. He turned his body and sure enough, there Ethan was. In the kitchen. Staring directly at him. Glossy eyed. Clearly he had heard everything. Ethan put down his juice and grabbed his coat as he shouldered past Grayson roughly and stormed past Morgan not wanting to be in either of their presences for a second longer.
"E wait!" Grayson yelled down the hall. Ethan didn't dare to look back.

"Just go Morgan!" Grayson said as he sprinted toward his room and tossed on clothes.
"Why?? We're alone now. Let's finish talking. I know Ethan never liked me anyway. I can live with that."
"Morgan, I'm going after Ethan. Please leave!"
Morgan froze as the wheels turned in her head.
"Wait. You and Ethan?!"
Grayson only stared at her. She took his lack of response as confirmation.
"Just go. You've done enough."
"How long?"
"I don't owe you anymore explanations."
"How long!!"
"It's fucking brand new okay!!" Grayson snaps
"It's so fucking new that we don't have a label."
"Oh" was all Morgan could say.
"I really fucked things up Morgan. He's been through so much shit his whole life, especially recently. I need to go see if he's okay. Now can you please, please just leave?" Grayson all but begged.
"Okay." Morgan said. Still in shock as she walked out in front of a hurried Grayson.
"You really care about him?"
"I really fucking do."
"Then go get em' Gray." She says with genuine thought.
"Thank you. I sure as hell will."