Chapter One

I couldn't sleep at all. I've been tossing and turning in my bed for what it felt like ages. I was eager for tomorrow to arrive, but my eyes refused to close.

I want to show up to my job interview completely energized and awake. So far, it felt like it was going to turn out the opposite.

I have to prevent that from happening. I need to go to sleep as soon as possible. I take a deep breath, and flip the covers off of me. A cold breeze hits me, and I cross my arms for warmth. I lazily walk out of the room and head straight for the bathroom.

I flick up the light switch with my index finger, and light shines up the bathroom. My eyes blink numerously, adjusting to the light. I face the mirror to see my terrifying reflection. My hair was a dark, tangled mess like if it's been through a cotton candy machine. My tank top had a giant, disgusting spots of sweat around my neck and underneath my armpits. Plus, the strap snapped in half and now one side of my top was lopsided. Last and the most horrifying, was my eyes. What used to be light brown beauties are now bloodshot terrors. Maybe even worst.

I leaned closer to the mirror to examine them better until I heard a loud crash from outside the hall. Fear and worry stirred in my stomach instantly. What was that? I'm sure it was nothing, right?

I heard heavy footsteps in the hall, and they were getting louder by the second. He was coming to this door.

I scurry around for an object I could use as a weapon. I've seen too many scary movies to see where this goes, and I refuse to die on the day before my important interview. I notice the figure's shadow under the door. Now, it was do or die. My hands lay on the thing closes to me, my pink, sparkled blowdryer.

I wrapped my fingers around it tightly as I steadied my eyes on the door. The doorknob twists and the door slides open with a loud creak. Without any second thought, I threw the blowdryer with all my might. It probably wasn't that good of a throw since I felt like I was going collapse on the floor and fall asleep in any minute.

I saw a glimpse of my dad's face before the object hits him and he stumbles back to the floor. My eyes widened and my hands cup my mouth in shock.

Did I really just hit my dad...with my favorite blowdryer?!

"Ow..." I heard him groan.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?!" I asked in fear.

He sits up, rubbing his head in pain. "Yeah..I think.." He dabs his forehead with his fingers and bring them down for his eyes to see like if he was checking for blood.

"I'm so so sorry!" I apologized.

"No, it's fine.." He stands on his feet,"I just came in here to tell you good luck on your interview..." He plants a kiss on my cheek. "If you don't kill them with a blow dryer first.." I heard him mutter as he walked out the bathroom.

After that, the guilt and embarrassment stayed in my stomach when I walked back to bed.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep before any more damage was made.