Chapter 4

RECAP: "As I was getting in bed, I remembered my Krispy Kreme hat! I went to my box of donuts and took it out. When I first read it, I was confused because the handwriting was absolutely horrible. It said 'Here's my number. Hit me up, I really like brownies ;) 1+(235)-797-759.' Once I figured out what it said, I pulled out my phone and typed his number in. I sent a text saying "Hi! It's Alex from Krispy Kreme, you gave me your number on my Krispy Kreme hat." He immediately texted back and said..."

              He immediately texted back and said "Hi, Alex, my name is Carver! How have you been since you left the Krispy Kreme? Have you met the new neighbors?? They like KFC ;)) I don't know if you could read what I wrote on the hat but I said I like brownies and I noticed that you like donuts! Maybe we could meet up sometime and go do something together!! That sounds fun doesn't it!?"

              "It does sound nice and it would be great to get to know you. When are you free?"

             At this point I'm falling asleep standing up so I prop myself up on the counter and make some toast because that's what everyone does in the middle of the night. A little while later my phone dings and brights up with yet another paragraph from Carver. At least this one isn't as long.

             "I'm free whenever you're free, Alex. I can take days off of work whenever I want! I can meet you tomorrow or the next day if you aren't busy?!? Maybe on Saturday when Vernon has that thing at school to be at? And Beatrice has a play date with one of her friends!"

               Once I finished reading, my toast popped out. I put some jelly on it and ate it. When I finished I brushed my teeth and went to bed. Cheryl grabbed me and snuggled up next to me.

            I woke up to my phone screaming at me. I forgot I set that as my new alarm tone. I turned it off and got up. I woke up late so I skipped my shower and got dressed. I put on my shoes and when I stepped outside...

To be continued...