The Dance

A tinge of pink forms on Gwen's cheeks, smiling that cute smile and doing her best to contain her nervousness. You were doing that too, but you were probably failing. "I would be honored." She says, taking your hand. Please don't let my hands be too sweaty.

You make your way to the dance floor, both faces pink as Gwen's dress. Turns out she shared the same problem you have: lacking confidence without the mask. Add another thing to the list of things in common. You find a clear spot and turn to face Gwen. You both smile out of embarrassment and happiness. Your first dance with your crush.

The lead singer then speaks into the mic. "Alright. This song is kind of an oldie from the 80s, but we think you'll all agree that it's a timeless classic. This is Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is."

(A/n) Now dig on this (I just wanted to make the reference the song isn't from that scene.)

The music begins to play and you assume dancing positions. You both didn't really know how to dance, so for the moment, you just swayed with her arms on your shoulders and yours on her waist. That how you dance, right? Slow dancing? Least in the movies it is. You did your best to look into her eyes and not look away due to your awkward nature, and fortunately she was doing the same.

"I don't really know what to do in regards to this." You sheepishly admit, letting out a nervous laugh.

Gwen laughs nervously too. "That makes two of us. Just do what we see in movies."

"You mean those cheesy rom-coms or those movies with the high school dances?"

"Yep."

"We are not doing the Dirty Dancing dance."

Gwen laughs, causing a little chuckle to come out of you. "Agreed."

It's silent between you two for a few moments as you dance with one another. Soon the dance evolves into more fluidness as you both start to grasp this concept. You're happy that this is going actually kind of smoothly. However, you didn't know how to bring up the subject of you two. Fortunately, you didn't have to.

"You know, I'm glad I wound up in this dimension." Gwen admits.

"Why's that?" You ask, spinning Gwen around once.

"Well, it beats a dimension of a bunch of zombies or one without good technology like one based in the 1930s."

"Yeah that's true." Gwen's smile fades, as if she's thinking about something. "What's wrong?"

She's silent, trying to put her thoughts into words. "Well... it's several things. I'm just very conflicted on what to do."

"I can maybe help out. That's our job, right? Helping others?"

Gwen half smiles, but it goes away quickly. "Well... first is I miss my dimension. My dad, my band, my Harry Osborn. I know I should go back to Earth-65 and Earth-616, especially because I have classes and band practice, but I really like it here."

You nod your head in understanding. "I like you in this dimension, too, but you gotta go home. Your world needs a Gwen Stacy. Besides, once Peter fixes the device, you can go wherever you please again."

Gwen nods once. "Yeah... but then there's you. I didn't know what to expect when I came to this dimension by accident, but I'm glad I met you. Then there's the fact you're doing all this stuff for me. You didn't need to help me or anything, but you gave me a place to stay, your world accepts me, and you're just a great guy."