Planning

"What?"

"Yeah. Peter says it's ready. He just needs me to come over for a DNA sample... and then I'll be able to go back home."

There was a hint of quivering in Gwen's voice, as if the sudden realization of her going home had just hit her. She spent a lot of time in another dimension, and you could guess she doesn't know what things will be like in her home dimension. You didn't want her to go, and part of you was telling you (or you were hoping) she didn't want to go either. However, you being Spider-Man, suppress your emotions and say "Well, that's great! You can see your dad again!"

"Yeah... that's what I'm worried about. He's probably worried sick. And then there's Mary Jane and the rest of the band, Harry, not to mention all of the  classes I missed in Earth 616. But I don't know if I'm ready to go. You have this lizard problem to deal with and I want to help." Gwen sits down and holds her knees. You sit down to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "It's funny. Last time this happened I wanted nothing but to get back to my dimension, but this time I feel like I don't wanna leave. Granted it was under very different circumstances, but it's still rather ironic."

You smirk under the mask. "It is huh?" There's silence for a moment before you speak up. "You know what's cool about a personal dimension hopper thingy majiggy? You can go wherever whenever. Meaning after you make sure things are okay over there, you can always come back here."

"That's true. It's just... I dunno. A lot to take in I suppose."

"Take all the time you need, though we are pressed for time at the moment so maybe not all of the time you need."

"Shut up."

You raise your hands in defense. "Okay okay. I'm sorry." Gwen chuckles before being silent, still in thought. You glance over to Laura and Hank, who are still talking about who knows what. You had a bit more time to talk with Gwen. "Gwen, ever since you got here I made a promise that you would get back home. Earth-65 needs a Spider-Woman, whether they accept it or not."

"I know (y/n). I know all of that. I just don't know what to expect. What if I go back and it's a world of chaos? What if MJ has had it with my superhero business and kicks me out of the band? What if-"

"What if bacon turned sentient and started to rule the world through its deliciousness? You're right. We don't know, but I'm sure you know you're capable of handling it. We have our powers for a reason. What was it one of the Peter Parkers said again about not knowing the outcome but proceeding anyway?"

"It's a leap of faith. Right." There's some silence between the two of you, the only sounds being the ambiance around you.

"Before you go, though, I believe I owe you a proper date."

"You really do. Your track record sucks in terms of dates."

"Hey at least they're memorable."

"That they are." Gwen looks at Hank and Laura, who are still debating about who knows what. "How long are they going to talk?"

"I have no idea. What do you think they're saying?"

Gwen sits up. "I don't know. I can't read lips well, but I think Laura is saying," Gwen starts doing an impression of Laura. "'What do you mean you still like pineapple on pizza? That's one of the reasons why I left the X-Men in the first place!'"

You chuckle at her uncanny Laura impression before you say, in your Hank impression, "'It's salty and sweet. Statistically, that is a good combination for satisfaction. Now let me pull out random numbers and facts to prove my point.'"

"'Ugh. Of course you'd do that, you blue nerd. Now watch me as I act annoyed at you and the world and pretend to listen to you.'"

"Ah Laura don't hate me because I'm intelligent. Maybe if you got rid of that unappealing attitude you have, you'd be able to understand the world better. Or better yet, maybe Gambit will call your emo ass if he ever stops messing around with Rogue or whoever else he's screwing with. Mutaaant!" Gwen and you bust up laughing at your fake conversation, lightening up your moods.