VII

"I heard about what happened to our little truck incident."

Hellen glanced over her shoulder peering behind her from her squatted position to see Simon standing there. She had been looking at some piping that was by the eastern wall of the compound that someone had complained they had heard making a noise. When she got over there she figured that they must have been hearing things because the pipe looked fine. Now Simon was there right behind her giving her little to no space for herself.

Since this whole incident started Simon had been someone who had been by her a lot. His cocky attitude wasn't nearly as bad as Negan's, but that didn't mean the man was a saint. By far Simon was just as ruthless as Negan, but Hellen had seen how he actually worked. She didn't trust Simon as much as she should have since he helped save her all those years ago, but there was just something about the man that threw her for a loop.

Half the time she liked him and then the other half she couldn't even stand being in the same room.

"Then you heard I handled it."

She said pushing her legs up and stood to face the man. Simon just grinned and nodded, his hand running through his shaved lower chin while fingers brushed against his stash.

"I did. That was one hell of a way to do it. I'm so use to hearing someone getting their head bashed in that I didn't expect a point deduction – and of so many points. You're truly cruel, little chica."

"A few days without food in your stomach or the proper hygiene that someone needs would be more than enough to rethink about doing things differently if it were to happen again."

She said stuffing her hands in her pack blue jean pockets. Simon just seemed to stand there running his tongue across his teeth with a chuckle.

"Yeah, kid, you're right."

Over the years being called "kid" was annoying at first but Hellen slowly slid into accepting the little nickname that Negan and Simon had both given her. Both men were nearly old enough to be her father so in their eyes they were right – she was a child no matter how old she was. But she was far from the nickname. The way she acted and carried herself was nothing short of how everyone had seen her – a Queen.

"Did you need something or are you just following me?"

Simon laughed and shook his head patting his walky-talky he motioned to her hip.

"Boss has been tryina get a hold of you for a good half an hour now and realized that you left your radio in the bedroom."

Hellen hadn't noticed that she had left her radio behind until now. She had been so focused on making her rounds and dealing with those boys from this morning that it didn't even cross her mind that there was a lack of communication running toward her. Watching as Simon reached behind him to his back pocket he produced her radio handing it to her.

"Thanks."

She muttered before clicking the button on the small box.

"Negan, it's me, what'd you need?"

Releasing the button she waited for a moment before the leader's voice sounded over the device.

"Bout damn time. I didn't think Simon would ever find you, sweet cheeks – " she rolled her eyes. "I need you to report to the meeting room. We're gonna have a little sit down together."

Her brow arched looking from the radio up to Simon. The man shrugged obviously not knowing what it was Negan had in store for her or any of them for that matter. Attaching her walky to her belt loop she sighed and motioned toward the direction in which Simon had come.

"Shall we?"