XVI

It wasn't a peaceful morning by any means. Hellen had come to learn that waking up next to Negan was going to be the only peaceful thing.

Daryl had made a run for it.

Now dealing with an escaped prisoner was the least of their problem. Daryl had killed Fat Joey and ran leaving behind a fuming Negan. Dwight was in hot water with Negan as the man tried to figure out what the hell had happened and why it had happened.

"Negan..."

Hellen said walking as beat she could after him, her legs sore.

"I will find him mark my God damn words!"

"No doubt you will -- can you just hold on a second!"

She begged walking after Negan trying her best to keep up with the man who had longer legs than herself. Negan stopped and turned toward her, Lucille resting on his shoulder.

"I don't think he's stupid enough to go back to Alexandira, back to his people."

"Then where the hell would he go?"

"You said they were taking the Widow to the doctor at Hilltop right? But she died, maybe that's where he went, Hilltop. It's closer at least."

Negan stood there silent for a moment lowering Lucille he held the bat out for Hellen. Hesitantly she took it into her own hands.

"I want you to carry her for a little bit. Can you do that for my sweetheart?"

Blinking she nodded. She was more than willing to carry his kick ass bat if he needed her to do so.

"Good. Stay close."

He said leaning over and kissing her lips. Her eyes fluttered shut as they exhacnged the kiss in the empty hallway as they were headed out to the court yard to begin the search.

"Let's go."

He muttered leading the chase.

Negan ended up sending Simon and his group to Hilltop just in case Daryl might have ran that way. But he and Hellen went straight to Alexandria. When they got there with the men, Hellen still had Lucille perched on her shoulder, so when she stepped out of the Hummer, and walking with a slight limp, she nearly mimicked Negan and his little strut he did when he walked.

"Riiiiiiiiiick!"

Negan called out as the gates opened. Rick came walking out confused as ever seeing Negan and Hellen back after such a short period of time.

"Hey Rick! Just the man I wanted to see!"

Negan greeted a wide smile on his face as Hellen and the other men circled up around him. Rick was there with a few of his other men. Men who Hellen didn't know aside from Carl. She hasn't really taken the time to have a heart to heart and get to know them.

"Negan, what are you doing here? Our supplies aren't -- "

"I'm not here for that just yet. I've come because my new dog has run off and figured he might head back home."

Negan explained causing Rick to turn and look at Hellen, as he then noticed what was on her shoulder.

"Daryl has escaped thought he might come back here."

She explained causing Rick to look confused at Negan.

"He's -- he's gone? He's not here."

Negan took a moment to read Rick. Much alike Negan and Hellen were fairly good at reading people. So when both of them came to the conclusion that Rick had been telling the truth Negan just chuckled.