XXXII

"What's she doing here?"

One of the council members asked seeing Hellen walking into the church with Gabriel.

"Compromising."

Hellen replied causing Aaron to arch a brow. She had her hands in her pockets and with a frown looked toward the people of Alexandria.

"I'm here because Gabe asked me to come. Something about the walkers are talking now? Sorry about Jesus."

She added causing one of the women on the council to step forward. Aaron quickly grabbed her forearm.

"Don't you dare act like you care!"

"I knew Jesus, alright? I can be sorry that you lost a friend."

"Yeah right."

"Enough."

Aaron said yanking the woman back. He walked forward his eyes on Hellen.

"You're here to help?"

Hellen nodded to Aaron's question.

"Then help."

"Right. What do we know besides the fact that someone thinks they're talking?"

The room was silent. Hellen frowned. Working with Negan since almost the beginning of all this she had learned one thing; know your enemy. Once you knew what you were dealing with you could eventually beat it.

"Nothing?"

"They used wepons."

Gabreil said turning to Hellen.

"Wepons? Like actual equipment?"

"Jesus was stabbed through the back with a blade."

Aaron explained. Hellen looked at the man, he seemed to be taking this hard. Licking her lips she inhaled deeply.

"So the dead are either becoming smart, which I highly doubt it, or something else is going on completely."

"What else could it be?"

A man asks.

"The living."

Her reply caused everyone to look around at each other.

"Come on. Negan and Gabe both once covered themselves in walker guts and walked among the dead. Who's not to say that they weren't the only ones with the same idea?"

They all looked at Hellen.

"But it was decayed like a walker."

"I dunno about that, but it seems like the most logical explanation I can give. We need to catch one of them and see what the hell your group is up against."

"And how do you suggest we do that?"

Another unknown council member questioned.

"Find a group and see if there's more."

Everyone whispered among themselves before Gabriel cleared his throat.

"In the morning we'll see what we can find. Hellen, I want you to lead a group -- "

"Me?"

"It was your idea."

"Yeah, but your problem."

"Hellen, if you do this it'll show as a sign of good faith. Maybe even enough that Michonne might agree to giving you what you want."

Aaron looked at Gabriel.