XXIV

"Save him! Save him please!"

Her blood curdling screams filled the large rolling feild. She was on her knees being held down by two people as Hellen watched helplessly as Negan's throat was slit wide open and he fell to the ground gagging on his own blood.

"Rick you promised me! You fucking promised!"

Daryl watched wide eyed from beside her. Watching as her body went limp as she sobbed and screamed begging for Rick to save Negan. Shifting on his feet, Daryl moved swiftly over to Hellen and grabbed hold of her from behind.

Rick watched the event unfold as he shifted on his feet.

"Go. Save him."

She heard his words and only sobbed more out of knowing that there was actual hope that he might be saved and kept alive.

Simon was dead. Most of the Saviors were dead. And Hellen was lucky to be alive. Had she not have been captured by Rick when she had been and kept there as their prisoner then she might have been dead as well.

She hasn't been allowed to see Negan since he had been put in their makeshift hospital. Her nerves felt like they were going to make her head explode. She felt sick to her stomach and wanted to cry more, but she had no more tears left to give. Daryl had escorted her back to Ricks house while Rick worked with the people who had a problem with keeping Negan alive -- Daryl being one of them.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

She finally asked looking over at the hunter. He shifted in his spot for a second before his eyes felt like they could burn her body to a crisp right then and there.

"Because you ain't bad."

He shrugged giving her the simple answer. She huffed saddened.

"I tried to get you out of that cell, but when I -- he didn't let me visit after that."

She tried to explain. Daryl looked at this broken down woman who sat on Rick's couch. He frowned. What had Negan done to her to have her wrapped around his finger? The man didn't know, but it had to be something bad enough to where she listened to the likes of him.

"Is he your husband?"

"Negan? God no. No. He saved me when I had no one else."

She explained rubbing her burning, tired, and dry eyes. She huffed again only this time her bottom lip quivered.

"You don't owe him nothing."

Daryl pushed wanting to see just how badly Negan had control over her.

"I owe him everything."

She shook her head. That wasn't the answer Daryl wanted to hear, because that was the answer he had almost given Rick when asked about his brother.

"We're just like a family."

"Family don't do that. Family don't hurt each other."

He pushed and she smiled sadly.

"Maybe. But maybe that's how fucked up that family is."