Hidden pain

*Nat's Pov*
I wake to my phone ringing, I search for it and when I finally find it, I see it's dad. I answer
'Yeah dad?'
'Hi Nat, I've decided to stay at your nan's, I will pay all the bills for the house, everything you need. Would you like me to send Jessie to Australia or do you want to keep and look after her? I'm just not ready yet'
Really your not ready! I'm still at school how am I ready to look after my sister on my own in this big house. But there was no way she was going to Australia.
'Okay dad, yeah we are fine, I can look after her, I gotta go, gotta be at school, bye'
With that I hang up. I look to Tris who's still sleeping. I walk to the bathroom only to brush my teeth. But as I look down I had the blade in my hand again. I didn't even think, it's like I was in a trance, I felt the pain, the blood running down my arm but nothing stopped me. I carried on, then I hear 'Nat, I'm going to make breakfast , be back soon'
That didn't stop me either. I looked down, it was messy, blood was everywhere and the cuts were getting deeper. I look to the mirror, I feel ashamed, I put the blade down and clean my arm, I watch as the blood mixes with the water and circles as it drains away. I hide the blade once again. I exit the bathroom to find Tris sat on the bed. I put my arms behind my back and pull down the sleeves, 'get dressed then, we are going to be late'
I rush around my room to get dressed , I panic 'what about Jessie?'
He laughs 'I've got her dressed and ready, she's had breakfast and she's now downstairs, just worry about getting ready okay?'
I nod. I chuck my clothes on and we run to drop Jessie off at school. I couldn't stop thinking about how he got her ready for me. We just about made it, I kissed Jessie good bye and we took a slow walk back to school. On the way there I stopped Tris, looked at him and said 'live with me'
He's shocked, 'what?!'
'You heard me, live with me, mums in Australia and dads not coming back, come and live with me, please I need you'
'Thats all I need to hear, of course I will. After school I will go home and tell my parents, they won't care there never home anyway, I will pack my stuff and come over in time for dinner'
I smiled and reached up to kiss him. We made it to school and stood at the entrance with Con, James and Abby to wait for Mads. We was all so worried.
Brad turns up asking about Mads and we were all about to tell him and ask him about that night but we were interrupted by Harry pulling up and Maddie jumping out of the truck.

*Maddie's Pov*
I wake to Harry still holding me tightly, I try to get up but can't. I have to wake him , I start to nudge him and he wakes up. He looks at me and his eyes widen before saying 'you can't go to school'
I question him and he reveals that it's my face, 'no one should see the bruise' he says. I walk to the mirror and it's no long just one bruise but multiple, I look at my arms and I have grabs marks from his grip. I reply ' but I have to, it's fine I will wear long sleeves and have my hair down in front of my face, okay? I can't miss today' the truth being that I didn't want to stay in with him.
He agrees and then leaves the room, I look back to the mirror, in horror. I don't even recognise myself. I had a bruise of his hand, with an outline of his ring. I then have a bruise and cut near the top of my eye and it goes down to my jaw line. I'm snapped out of trance when I feel his arms around my waist. He begins to kiss my neck and I smile at his reflection in the mirror. I turn to face him and give him a final kiss before getting ready.
I chuck my clothes on and I head to school. We pull up and I see Con, James, Abby, Tris, Nat and Brad. I give Harry a peck and turn to open the door, he grabs my arm and repeats himself for the hundredth time 'don't say a word about those bruises' I pull my arm away as it was hurting, I nod and smile. Open the door and get out. My sleeves covering all bruises on my arms and my hair over the side of my face. I slowly walk towards them, I don't want to make eye contact, I see Hollie watching me and she notices I'm walking towards Brad. I could see anger on her face. So there it was the plan and excuse I needed.
I walk towards them, getting closer, I look at Nat and then look in the direction of Hollie. She quickly catches on, that what I was gonna say was going to be mean to get out of the Brad situation. I stop in front of them, with my head down, I hear Brad say 'Mads can we talk?'
I quickly reply 'I have nothing to say to you' and I walk past him, he grabs me and I whimper as he grabs my bruised arm. As he pulls me round the hair on my face moves. He catches a glimpse of my face. He pushes my sleeve up to reveal the bruises on my arm. His face goes soft and everyone looks at me in shock. He places his hand on my face and asks 'what happened to you? I look down. I wanted so badly to just hug him, to feel safe and protected. His touch made me feel magical, invisible and cared for. I was about to cry and fall into arms, when I saw Hollie staring. I quickly snap back into reality and say 'that's what happens when your clumsy.' I pull away from his soft touch and walk inside, I turn back to Hollie and she smiles, I look to Brad, he has a mixture of anger and sadness covering his face.
I keep my head down, in all my lessons , even when I had names thrown at me and Nat all day, each name worse then the last. I think the nicest name we were called was 'bitch'. I walked to the lunch hall and I queued with Nat to have lunch, as we turned Hollie was there, she tripped Nat, she went flying, her food went up into the air and she was mid way to the floor. I dropped my food and caught her before she hit the floor. I pulled her up and we were both stood there with our food surrounding us, everyone begins to laugh. Names start to get chucked our way and Nat runs out. I chase after her, bumping into Brad and James on the way, they catch me. James looks at me and mouths 'sorry' I didn't understand that and I didn't have the time to. I needed to catch Nat. Brad tried to talk but I just pushed past. I catch up to Nat and she's crying. 'Nat, it's okay, it's okay, I'm here' I hug her, trying to stop her crying.
'I don't know if I can handle this, I'm not strong enough'
'Nat your stronger then you will ever know, it doesn't matter what names they chuck at us, what they do to us, we have to protect our boys. We can't let her hurt them. She will stop, she will get bored. We can do this'
She nods and says 'now tell me what happened to you' she pulls my sleeve up and moves the hair from my hair. I look at her and say 'I fell, I'm just clumsy Nat'
'You can lie to me, but Brad won't let that go'
'He has to, if Hollie sees us together, she will ruin him'
'But Mads you love him, and he loves you. Are you really going to give that up and let the abuse Harry gives you carry on to protect a secret you don't even know?'
'If that's what it takes to keep him safe, then yes, I will take the abuse, I will run away from the love I feel. I need to'
Without realising I've admitted to Harry hitting me. She looks at me as she had realised to, she looks sad and cups my face 'you need to get away from him, don't let him do this to you'
'I have no choice, if I'm not with him I will want Brad even more. And I won't be able to resist. This way being with Harry I can resist because I don't cheat'
With that the bell goes and it's time for the next lessons of torture. Ah music, I love music. We walk in and sit down, today we had another class mix with us. It was the class both Hollie and Brad was in. I had two seats either side of me free, Hollie is sat one side and Brad the other. Could this be happening? The two people I want to avoid placed right next to me. My hand is placed on my knee and I can feel Brad's hand on my leg, he reaches down and holds my hand. I look to him and he whispers 'let me look after you'
I can feel Hollie staring at me so I say 'can you give me some personal space, seriously. I don't like being this close to anyone especially you' I didn't want to hurt him, so I squeeze his hand and then release it. He looks at me as if he understands and seem to play up to it he says 'fine, be like that. I don't know why I keep trying to be your friend'
He then smirks and winks at me.
The class teacher requests someone to stand and sing, with that Hollie hit my arm and whispered 'to keep the secret volunteer' I don't think she realised I loved to sing, although never in front of people. I look at her and then to Nat. Raise my hand and volunteer. I walk to the front of the room and she offers me the choice of 3 different songs one from chemical romance teenagers, one from fall out boy we're going down and the final one we will rock you by queen. I pick teenagers as I know all the lyrics. The teacher pointed out to me not to swear. Which sorta ruined the song. But I stood and sang it anyway. I look at Nat and she begins to smile and sing along. I look to Brad and he is now singing to. With that the whole class begins to sing along. It was fun, almost made me forget about Hollie.
When I sit back down, she looks angry. I try not to look at her. The final bell goes and as I stand I begin to pack my books away, while Brad begins to talk to the boys behind us, Hollie empties the contents of my bag on the floor, she didn't think Brad saw, but he did. He turns and becomes angry 'what do you think your doing?'
She stutters and try's to say it was an accident. I look to Nat in fear. Nat points to the floor for me to pick up my stuff, that way I'm not involved. I'm knelt down, collecting my things while Brad continues to shout.
'You have a serious problem Hollie. I've been wanting to say this for a while but I always get interrupted. I can't handle this anymore, I know you've cheated I've known all along, the reason I never said anything was because I didn't care. And what does that tell you. Like last week when you was meant to be in Madrid but you was around Har.... His house sleeping with him. Your a joke Hollie and a dirty cheat. And on top of everything your just mean'
She tries to reply 'but Brad'
He cuts her off 'no, just leave Hollie'
She kneels down to pick up her bag and whispers 'you'll pay'
With that she storms out, Brad kneels down to help me pick up my things. I say 'thank you, but you didn't need to. I've got to go'
'Mads, I will take you away from that monster, please just let me'
I stand and smile at Nat and walk out.
I walk to the entrance where I see Hollie with Harry. What is she doing? They are talking and then she kisses him and he pulls her in closer. It wasn't a mistake Brad saying 'Harr' he was going to say 'Harry's' is he involved in this. I need to find out how. She leaves him and I walk over, he asks how the day was and I pretend it was great. I ask him to take me home, he looks agitated. He drives me home and I spend the rest of the night thinking how he may be involved.
*Brad's Pov*
I'm free. Free of that evil witch, I finally done it and now all I need to do is get Mads away from Harry. But how? I feel like there's something she's not telling me, something more. But I'm not sure what it could be.
*Con's Pov*
I had to tell him, I couldn't stand to see him being lied to by Hollie. He needed to know. I'm so happy he has ended things with her.
I was in shock today, when I saw those bruises on Maddie, I just wanted to hug her and tell her that she is now safe. But I froze I couldn't believe anybody would want to hurt her like that. How can we sort this? I need to speak to the others and quickly before she gets hurt more.
*Nat's Pov*
Try's arrives at my or should I say our house just like he promised. In time for dinner, he walks in and smiles, drops his things and walks to me in the kitchen. 'Hey baby, what's for dinner?'
I laugh and reply 'pizza, me and Jessie made it for you'
We all eat together and it felt like I had finally had a family, one that loves me and I love them. It was perfect. For the rest of the evening we sat and cuddled together watching TV. But Mads came to mind, Hollie will blame her for the break up, what will she do to her? I continue to worry and Tris notices, he kisses me and says 'we will sort everything out, we will make sure Mads doesn't get hurt again'
He was so cute but he didn't have a clue how hurt she could really get. Or how difficult it will be to stop it.

--------------------------------------------
Please please please share my story, vote and please comment. The comments give me the motivation to do the next chapter. I would really love it for you all to comment what you think should or will happen next? If there's anything you want to know about me or my story and the up coming stories then please feel few to tweet me or dm me of I follow you @maddiehornn
Thank you for all the support!