The truth part 2

*Maddie's Pov*
I woke up feeling free. I jumped up, had a shower, washed my hair and straighten it, I chuck on my clothes and head out the door. As I walk out I see Con and James.
'What you guys doing here?'
'We wanted to walk you to school' Con replies
'Yeah, you don't get a lift anymore, so we will walk with you' James adds
'Sure, it will be nice to have the company'
I walked to them and we begin walking down the road I notice that James moves so he is on the other side of me, I now have Con on the right and James on the left, they kept looking around. It was cute what they was doing.
'Guys you don't need to walk either side or look around just in case Harry comes, he won't. I can't and won't live my life in fear of him coming round the corner'
They look at me smile and nod in agreement. We made it to school and waited for everyone else.
Brad arrived 10 minutes later but walked straight indoors, ignoring us. He didn't even look at me, how can I make things right, if he won't look at me?
*Brad's Pov*
I know it was stupid of me to ignore her. I'm just upset, I will text her to meet me in the lunch hall at lunch so we can talk and sort everything out.
*Nat's Pov*
I wake the same way I have for the past few weeks worried, stressed and scared. I look to Tris who's still asleep, I get up and walk to Jessie's room, she's crying. I run to her and kneel down 'what's wrong sweetie?'
'I feel poorly Natty'
'Where does it hurt?'
'My tummy, my head everywhere'
'You haven't got a temperature, sweetie can you try and go to school for me today? I will speak to your teacher and if you feel any worse I will come and get you. Okay?'
'Okay Natty'
As I leave the room she begins to get dressed, I go back to Tris, he's now awake I tell him about Jessie and we soon get dressed. As I promised Jessie I spoke with her teacher, and dropped her to school. We walk back to school and Tris asks 'is everything alright?'
I nod. He stops me and looks at me. 'You'd tell me wouldn't you, if there was something wrong'
'Of course Trissy' I can't believe I just lied to him, because I haven't told him, there's so much going on and I haven't told him anything.
We arrive at school just as the bell goes. I didn't even get chance to speak to Mads about our plan on how to make Hollie stop. As I'm walking to class I have my head down, I'm thinking about so much I didn't see Hollie. I walked straight into her, knocking her drink and stuff on the floor.
'Watch where your going, idiot. Look at what you've done'
'Im sorry, I didn't see you'
I kneel down and pick her things up, handing them over and quickly walking away. 'Watch your back Nat, I will get you for that'
*Maddie's Pov*
The lessons go quickly and it's lunch. I look to my phone to see a text from
Brad:
Hey, I'm sorry
Meet me in lunch hall
At lunch. We can talk
B xxx
I quickly ran to the lunch hall. Not realising the trap that was waiting for me. I get to the doors of the lunch hall and open them, I see Hollie stood there.
She says 'ah we have been waiting for you, this is for making Brad break up with me, you evil bitch'
And with that they drown me in freezing cold water, I am soaked and shivering, I see Brad stood there, he's in shock at what's just happened and before he or I could say or do anything. Hollie launches another attack this time it isn't water but glop, it's thrown at me from all directions, it's sticky and slimy. I look down at the state of me, my hair straw like, the glop already beginning to stain my clothes. I look back up and see Brad walking over, everyone's staring and begins to laugh. I begin to cry and run, I run as fast as I could.
I bump into Nat and she stops me. 'Mads what happened?'
'Hollie happened. I gotta go. Brad saw everything. I gotta go. Be careful Nat'
And with that I carry on running. I run to the one place I feel safe.
*Nat's Pov*
I saw mads at lunch. I can't believe what Hollie done to her, is she really that vile? And Brad saw everything how will Mads explain that. My thoughts are interrupted by my phone ringing.
'Hello'
'Hello Nathalie, this is Jessie's teacher Mrs McCurthoys . Jessie has a very high temp and is becoming really poorly. I think you should come and pick her up, or would you like me to call your parents to come and collect her'
'No, I'm on my way to get her, I won't be long'
'Okay thanks Nathalie'
I text Tris to meet me at the entrance so we could go and get her. I begin to walk and I see Tris stood near the far tree, I smile before being pushed down.
As I turn to see who it was, my eyes are met with Hollie's. 'What are you doing?'
With that she and her friends throw flour all over me, I am completely covered from head to toe. I couldn't even open my eyes properly, I was caked in flour. Hollie leans over and says 'oops, your so clumsy. Oh and looks like you might have to explain this to Tris, so that mean their secrets come out. Oh I just can't wait'
I get up and look at her with disgrace 'you'll never learn will you, friends protect each other no matter what. So I wouldn't say so'
With that I walk away and to Tris, who was already on his way to me. He begins to shout 'what the hell was that? Let me go talk to her'
'No Tris, I will explain everything but right now I have to go get Jessie'
He's angry but agrees, it gave me time to think of what I could say.
'Nat, wait!'
I turn to see Brad running after me.
'What Brad? I have to go get Jessie'
'What happened to you?'
Tris buts in
'Hollie'
'What, she done a similar thing to Mads, I need to find her.' Brad says
'Look Brad I don't know where she is, all she said was that she was going somewhere she felt safe. Now I have to go okay'
And I begin to run to pick Jessie up, I knew I could keep in the tears for much longer. I arrive at the school and I see the teacher and she says 'erm... Are you okay?'
Referring to me covered in flour, 'yeah, prank gone wrong. Can I take Jessie home now please'
'Yeah of course'
Jessie walks over and she looks so poorly, I pick her up and carry her home. On the way back I call Mads.
'Mads, Brad's looking for you, are you okay?'
'Guess so.... Did she get you?'
'Yeah she got me, covered in flour. Tris saw and Brad saw to, what are we going to do?'
'Nat, I don't know. But I can't lie to Brad, he will ask me a direct question, how could I lie to him'
'But Mads the secrets'
'I know but how can I lie to him again, I will make it clear that we can carry on taking the hate to keep the secrets'
'Okay Mads and I agree. I'll do the same'
With that we hang up, there it is. The truth is going to be revealed. I'm going to tell Tris.
*Brad/Tris Pov*
I'm so worried about what's going on, I really need to speak to Tris about what happened.
'Tris, what the hell's happening?'
'I really don't know what's going on Brad, Hollie pushed Nat to the floor and threw flour all over her. I couldn't get to her quick enough'
'It was near the same for Mads, they threw water over her and then as I started to walk over they threw all this horrible goo sticky stuff over her. Before I could speak to either one of them, they left. Maddie ran crying. I don't understand but I need to find her and you need to get Nat to speak to you about it to'
'Yeah I know, I'm going back now to speak to her. And Mads said she's going somewhere safe. Would that be home?'
'Good and no, but I think I know somewhere'
We both walked off in separate directions, Tris off home to find Nat and me to the lake.
*Maddie's Pov*
I ran to the lake, the only place I feel safe and hidden from any danger. I sat there for a while on my own, crying just looking at the state I was in. I spoke to Nat and we decided to tell the truth there wasn't any way we could get out of it. Just as I put the phone down, I hear a twig break behind me and a rustle in the bushes. I turn quickly and see Brad. I look back to the beautiful lake and said
'you found me then'
'Of course I did, you said you were going somewhere safe, I remembered how you said you felt safe here'
I couldn't help but smile. He sat down next to me, I'm still covered in the glop.
'So Mads you going to tell me what's been going on with Hollie? Or is it something you can't tell me'
I look to him and begin to cry, he panics,
'I didn't mean to sound harsh, I was just asking. Mads please don't cry'
'It is something I can't tell you. It's something me and Nat have kept from all of you. But it's been something we've had to do, to protect you. And now it's something I can't continue to lie about. So I'm going to tell you the whole truth. Every detail. This isn't the first time she's poured this stuff over me. Okay.... It all started the day after I found out about your two being together, I went into my lessons like any other day, but I had my seat pulled out from beneath me, things thrown at me. I didn't understand but ignored it. At lunch me and Nat was waiting for Tris and Con when Emma ran to us saying someone was hurt so we ran to the toilets and Hollie she was there..... She threw this same stuff over me. Nat went mad, she stuck up for me, as I was just in shock. And that's when things got a bit tense. Hollie threatened that if we tell you or any of the boys about this then she will tell the whole school your darkest secrets.'
He looks shocked and angry, so I continue
'At the time I didn't know what the secrets was but Nat turned to me and asked if I could handle the hate because if the secrets got out it would really hurt the boys and you. I couldn't let that happen so I agreed to take the bullying, the hate, just everything. But that wasn't it, Hollie also said I had to stay away from you, I had to make you hate me. That's why I was so off with you, I couldn't be seen with you. But I also couldn't bare not being around you. The hate continued, she slept with Harry and that's why he controlled me and hurt me, it was their plan. So me and Nat we've been taking this hate, the names, the pulling of our chairs, the chucking of objects and this humiliation. We couldn't stand to see you all get hurt, you know I was going to tell you all everything as the hate got so bad but you told me your secret and I knew I had to just deal with it and then Con told me his. I knew then that I wasn't going to let that evil bitch hurt you. And that's what I've been keeping this from you, that's why when you kissed me yesterday, I pulled away. And that's why I couldn't tell you. The only reason Im telling you now is because I can't lie anymore, how could I cover this up. But it's okay, we can take this hate and we will, we need to protect you and the other boys. Please don't hate me for lying'
There's a moment of silence, for a moment I thought he was going to shout but he didn't.
'Mads.... I don't know what to say. Wow. Your the most incredible person I've ever met. You took all this hate to keep our secrets that you didn't even know. You've been protecting us, all this time and I was a dick to you. And that's why you wouldn't talk to me at school or at the party, you was just protecting me and I kept making things difficult for you, I caused all this hate to be thrown at you and you just took it for me. And Nat she's been taking it to for us, I need to speak to Tris. Mads, you and Nat are done taking this hate to protect us. I am not going to let you receive any more hurt, not for me or from me. This is my fault and I am going to solve it. You don't need to worry any more. I'm so angry she done all this to you. I love you Mads. Come on let's go back to mine and get you cleaned up. Then I will call the boys and met at Cons. We are sorting this tonight'
I stand up and we begin to walk towards his car.
'But Brad the secrets they can't get out?'
'Let me worry about that Mads, now get in the car'
I get in and we head to his house for the second time in a week. But I liked it.
*Nat's Pov*
I got Jessie home and took her straight to bed, just as I tucked her in, Tris entered the house.
'Nat, it's time we talk. Don't you think?'
'Yeah'
I followed him to the kitchen, so Jessie couldn't hear. And I told him everything, I started at with what happened in the toilet and ended with today.
'Im sorry Tris, don't hate me. I just wanted to protect you'
'I could never hate you, never ever! But I wish you had told me, I would have told you that I don't care what secrets it is she knows I would rather expose them then have you hurt. So what I have an eating disorder it's under control and I'm fine. I'm more worried at the fact she hurt you the way she has. Go and get showered and then I am calling the others and we are going to stop this tonight'
I went and got showered and then headed to Con's. Knowing this would only go one way.
*Brad's Pov*
I couldn't believe what Maddie and Nat have gone through to protect me, James,Con and Tris. It's truly incredible. I called the guys and told them to meet us at Con's, when I called Tris he was already aware of everything and he sounded angry. The others were completely unaware of what was happening.
I was sat on the bed when Mads walked out the shower, her long blonde beautiful hair wet , her using a towel drying it off, she once again chucked my white t-shirt over her, to cover herself up. As she walked over to me she smiled and then sat on the bed with me, her legs crossed and sat upright. I look to her and before I knew it I was saying 'I love you' that was the second time today, that I had said that. She looked up at me with her beautiful big blue eyes looking to me. She stops drying her hair, places the towel down, leans over and grabs hold of my top in one hand, while cupping my face with the other hand, she pulls me over, so that I am now on top of her. She begins to kiss me, pulling me closer with each kiss, stealing the breath from me and making my heart pound so hard I was sure it was going to come out of my chest. She runs her fingers through my hair. I wanted her so badly, I couldn't believe I stopped it.
'Mads, we need to get to Con's. Everyone's waiting'
I was annoyed at myself. I climb off of her and she leans up on her arms. She smiles and says 'okay'. I was sort of hurt she hadn't said it back.
I walk towards the bathroom to get my jacket to wrap around her, as she only had my t-shirt on that just about covered all important areas, all her clothes were ruined. We walked to the door when she calls me I turn to her and she pushes me against the wall and whispers 'I love you to tartan boy, now let's go'
I kiss her and we left.
She said it back, she actually said it back. Wow. I knew then for definite she was my special girl, the girl I have been waiting for and the girl I'm never letting walk away.
*Maddie's Pov*
We arrive at Con's and everyone is already there. We walk in and I instantly look at Nat. She has wet hair to. Con stands up 'what's this about guys? And Mads where's your clothes' he looks at me, wide eyed. I just pull Brad's jacket around me, avoiding eye contact.
'Con, James we have a problem.'
Brad and Tris then sit and explain everything, every detail. Me and Nat just sit there watching James and Con stare at us. I watch their facial expressions and Con looks sad and angry but James he looked guilty. I wonder why. Once Brad and Tris have finished explaining everything, Con stands up
'why didn't you tell me Mads? I thought we were meant to be best friends, best friends tell each other crap like this'
'Don't be angry at her, she was protecting you remember. And what we should worry about is who told Hollie all this, when we were the only ones that knew and how we will deal with her'
Brad snaps back at Con angrily.
'Im sorry Mads, I hate the thought of someone threatening my friends and hurting them. I'm sorry that you had To go through this'
Me and Nat replied in sync 'it's okay, anything for you guys'
Tris soon points out that James had been very quiet 'what's wrong James? Your not saying much and come to think of it. Yours is the only secret none of us know about'
Nat stands 'actually I know his secret, James it's time to come clean'
Tris is angry as he looks at Nat and then back to James.
James takes a deep breath and then reveals all ' okay, Hollie knows the secrets because I told her. When I first got with Abby, we hit a really rough patch (he looks to Abby, who's now very upset and confused) well after an argument I stormed out, I bumped into Hollie and we had a few drinks. I got really drunk and I told her everything but she tricked me. I can't really remember but after that I went back to hers and we .... We slept together. It was a mistake and i told Abby straight away. I'm sorry guys I've hurt all of you and I hate my self so much for it'
Abby's beautiful face fills with sadness, she hides her face in her hands, her long brown hair hanging down. I look to her and call her 'Abbs?' She looks up, her big beautiful emerald green eyes full of tears, I've never seen her look so sad. She stands up, the anger started to kick in as she shouts 'I didn't know it was Hollie. What the hell James. She's a shank who hasn't she slept with. You told me you had cheated but didn't sleep with them, you told me you didn't know the person. You told me I didn't know the person. You lied to me'
James looks nervous but quickly replies 'I know, I'm sorry. But we can talk about this later'
Abby walks over and sits with me and Nat, I put my arm around as I see the mascara having a race down her beautiful face.
I thought that everyone was going to kill James. But I was happily surprised.
'Look man, it's not cool that you done that and to be honest I'm really pissed, you've hurt the friends that love and protect you but you can't change what you've done. Now we need to think what we can do. We need to stop Hollie. And to stop the hate on Mads and Nat, I haven't got a problem with exposing my secret, so yeah my dad hit out at me, yeah it's horrible but I can't change it , it happened'
I couldn't believe Brad would tell everyone that to protect me. Wow.
Soon con, James and Tris all agree that they would sell out their secrets to stop the hate. I couldn't believe that they would all do this for us. after an hour and a half at Con's, everyone leaves. I asked Brad if I could stay at his for the night and he basically screamed from happiness. It was cute.
We made it back to Brad's and he went and made me not chocolate, with whipped cream on the top. But I couldn't stop thinking about how they were all going to blurt their secrets out to save me and Nat.
My thoughts were interrupted by a phone call but I didn't recognise the number. I went to speak and I recognised the voice on the other end.
'Please just don't tell anyone, if anyone finds out I will be humiliated, hated and hunted down. And if my parents find out that I have slept with over 50 people and I'm pregnant and I don't know who the babies dad is, I'm dead. I'm going to have an abortion, but please don't let anyone know' in that moment I loved my phone, see my phone records all phone calls and I can save them, it was save to say I saved that phone call.
I heard Hollie's Voice fade and then I head another familiar voice... It was Harry. 'Madds I'm sorry for ever hurting you, I'm leaving your life okay but I thought you would need that dirt on Hollie, I know your not like her but this will stop her hurting you. I'm sorry. Bye'
And with that he hung up. He was right I wouldn't ever dream of using someone's secrets against them but I would do anything to protect the boys that's always protected me. Brad enters and I instantly say 'Brad, I have a idea, you don't have to say your secrets, none of you' he interrupts me 'I've told you Mads your not taking anymore hate for this'. 'Let me finish, I'm going to use her secret against her. Okay just trust me and please don't hate me and please don't think I'm like her'
He laughs , leans over and kisses me. 'I trust you and I know what you do tomorrow will be to protect us, so I will never hate you for that'
We drink our hot chocolate and go to sleep laid in each other's arms. I was excited for tomorrow, finally stopping her. I couldn't help but smile as I laid their on Brad's chest hearing his heart beat, as he played with my hair.
*Nat's Pov*
We got back and let the babysitter go, she said that Jessie was still fast asleep, she must be poorly. Hopefully she will be better by tomorrow. I lay with Tris on our bed and we speak all night, he held me so tightly. I could tell he was upset that I didn't tell him, that he didn't see the hurt. We continued to lay there all night when we finally fell asleep. I couldn't stop dreaming about the next day, when the boys were going to reveal their secrets. Oh when did it come to this.
*James Pov*
All I've done is cause hurt and pain, to the people that I care for most and that constantly care for me. They didn't even shout or hit out at me. They just said they would deal with it. When I told Abby about Hollie I swear I saw her heart break. I'm the worst person ever, hurting the one girl that has put up with me. I need to speak to her.
'Abbs, can we talk' she turns to face me she looks so hurt and sad. That beautiful smile is no long seen.
She sat down beside me and nods, so I begin, begin to beg for forgiveness.
'I know I lied, I know I've hurt you and I'm sorry. I should have told you the truth, I should have told you that I slept with Hollie but I was scared you were going to leave me' she interrupts me
'And this better? I'm closer to leaving you now then I was then? If you told me the truth I could have forgiven you, but you lied to me for months of our relationship. I understand it was a rough patch that we hit but is that what your gonna do every time we argue, go and sleep with someone and then lie about it? James I don't know if I can do this'
She stands and begins to walk away. I stop her
'Abbs please. I know I'm an idiot. I should have never lied to, I should have never walked out got drunk and slept with her. But I can't and I won't let you walk away from this. I'm sorry Abbs but I'm in love with you and I will fight every step of the way to get you back'
She looks at me and I kiss her. To my surprise she kisses me back and replies
'You have a long journey ahead of you, in order to get my trust and love back to where it was. It will never be perfect but I will try if you do. Promise me you won't ever lie or cheat again'
'I promise you to my dying day, your the only girl I ever want, I will earn the trust and love back and I am never ever letting you go, I love you'
'I love you to James'
Now I need to work my arse off to prove to her and my friends that I do love them all.

--------------------------------------------
Please please please share my story, vote and please comment. The comments give me the motivation to do the next chapter. I would really love it for you all to comment what you think should or will happen next? If there's anything you want to know about me or my story and the up coming stories then please feel few to tweet me or dm me of I follow you @maddiehornn
Thank you for all the support!