The truth part 1

*Maddie's Pov*
I wake to an empty bed. I'm sure he was here when I went to sleep. I get up and walk to the mirror to see the bruises beginning to fade, finally. I hear someone cough and I turn quickly, it was Harry. He had made me breakfast and brought it up for me to have breakfast in bed. I smiled and walked over to him 'aw thank you' I sit down on the bed, he passes me my food and offers to make me tea. I politely refuse, it was to early for me to have tea. With that he knocked the boiling hot water all over me, I screamed and jumped up. It was burning my hands, my legs and arms. I look to him 'what the hell Harry? That's boiling water'
'I didn't mean to' he smiles and walks out. Yeah he didn't mean to, just like he didn't mean to pull me down the stairs or hit me. I don't know how much more I could handle.
*Nat's Pov*
Today When I woke up I had Tris and Jessie staring at me. I thought something was wrong and then I realise that they were holding trays, one tray with breakfast and the other tray with a range of drinks, tea, water and fresh orange. Tris says 'surprise, we made you breakfast ' I laugh . I was happy with them around me but whenever I have a moment to myself I feel sad and scared. I have to care for Jessie, worry about my parents, deal with Hollie and the secrets, it's just too much for me to bare. I have to go to school today and face everyone after the humiliating scene that happened in the lunch hall. How do I do this?
*James Pov*
I have to find Maddie today, I have to apologise and try to explain. I need to reason with her. I need her forgiveness.
*Brad's Pov*
I can't wait to see Mads today, yesterday was the best day ever. I just keep thinking and going over the kiss we shared in my head. She's incredible. She makes me happy, how can someone I've only just met change my whole world upside down.
*Maddie's Pov*
I got dressed and met him outside, I jumped into the truck and he began driving me to school, when we arrived I see everyone waiting for me. Just as I'm about to get out the truck, Harry grabs my arm 'you best not be hanging out with him. And take your hair down no one can see those bruises'
I face him and say 'no' with that I pull my arm away and jump out, I was fed up of him bossing me about. I walk towards everyone and smile, I was happy. And for that moment I didn't care about Harry, Hollie or anyone else, just Brad and my friends. 'Hello everyone, and how are you all today?'
James steps forward, he looks nervous 'Mads, please forgive me. I'm so sorry' I laugh 'James, it's fine. It's not your fault. Don't feel guilt okay. It's not like it was you that hit me'
I don't think he quite knew what to say, maybe shocked at how fine I was, at how happy I was. So I hug him.
The bell goes and we all head to class. And for the first time since moving here I am happy, but of course all happiness comes to an end with Hollie around. The worst thing was I was on my own with her in all my lessons, so it was twice as hard. But I was determined to find out what she has to do with Harry. So at the start of lunch I follow her to the bathroom, she doesn't even realise me enter and hide in the cubicle. I stand there and listen to her conversation with her other friend Emma. Emma begins the conversation
'Have you seen those bruises on Maddie?'
'Yeah, they are bad aren't they. But nothing she didn't deserve, from what I've heard she sleeps around and is vile. So she deserves every single one of those bruises'
'Don't you think it's going a bit far though Hollie?'
She begins to laugh 'No don't be silly, me and Harry are just getting started'
'You and Harry? Do tell me more' and that was when I heard what I really needed to know
'See me and Harry were friends when we were little, then I moved here. And when I saw him in front of the school the other day, I ran to him. He explained that he wanted Maddie to be his but the only way that would work is if she is singled out and separated by all of her friends. We had a plan and then we saw how close she was getting to Brad so I had to find a way to keep her away. And of course I found a way, by using his and the boys darkest secrets against her, she knows if she goes near Brad or tells the boys about what's happening then their secrets are exposed to the school. (Laughs)'
'But why does Harry hit her?'
'Oh really Emma that's the easy part, he wants her to feel worthless, pathetic, controlled, useless. That way he has full control over what she does and that way she's sad and lonely and with Harry, and Brad is free to beg for me back. But I do have to get her back for getting Brad to break up with me in the first place. Right let's go get some lunch and we can plan what we will do.'
They leave the toilet and I exit the cubicle, I couldn't believe what I had just heard. But that's it, I'm leaving Harry. I will not be controlled or victimised by him anymore. Now all I need to do is work out how to be with Brad without Hollie telling everyone their secrets. With that Nat walks in and I tell her everything, she is just as shocked but tells me to stay away from Brad until we can work something out. I agreed.
The last two lessons were crap. Someone pulled my chair out from beneath me, threw water all over me and called me every name they could think off. But when the last bell went I couldn't be happier, it was time. Time to confront Harry. And I was angry.
I walk out and I see Brad, Con,James,Nat,Tris,Abby and then Harry in the background. Con stops me 'where you going Mads? Aren't you coming round mine?' I look to Brad and smile 'yeah of course but first I have to end something' they all look at me and I see Brad begin to smile. Tris jokes 'try not to look to happy Brad'
I laugh, take a deep breath and walk to Harry. As I look back they are all watching.
'Hey baby, why was you speaking to them?'
'I can talk to who I want, you don't control me. Not anymore'
He looks confused and I continue getting angrier
'Do you really think I wouldn't find out? Your a lying cheating woman beating fool. I know Harry'
By this point more people are watching but I didn't care. He tries to get himself out of the situation 'I don't know what your on about'
'Don't lie. I know what you and Hollie have been planing. You know, to make me feel worthless, pathetic and in need of you. You wanted me to feel isolated from all of my friends and when you saw how am happy I was around Brad, well that just wouldn't do. All of what you've gone through to control me, it's sick. Oh and to top it off you slept with her, Hollie of all people, you know exactly what's she's been doing and you sleep with her, just to prove your love for me I bet. Your disgusting you make me feel sick. And I won't let you control me ever again, you are nothing. You have no power here. We are done now and forever'
I begin to turn and walk away and he grabs my arm pulling me round. I look to him and I can see his eyes full of anger and embarrassment. I see out the corner of my eye the boys begin to run over as he won't let me go. I continue 'you have nothing here, I don't want you, Hollie doesn't want you she's using you. How does it feel to be used? How does it feel to be embarrassed in front of everybody. Your a little kid that needs to grow up and face reality'
That must have pushed him over the edge because with that he raised his hand and hits the side of my face, I fall to the floor, I have a cut that begins to bleed from his ring.
Brad, Tris, Con and James runs over. James pushes him away from me and Brad has his hand around Harry's throat and the other one in a fist in the air. Harry was pinned on his truck. Brad's shouting but I couldn't understand what he was saying. But I did see and hear Harry beg. It was the best feeling for him to beg. I touched Brad's shoulder after being helped up by Con and Tris and I say 'Brad, don't be him. Be better. Be what I know you are. A protector and lover not a fighter' although yeah I wanted to see Harry get what he deserves, I didn't want Brad to do it, I wanted to see if Brad could calm down from the anger and walk away. And he did. He let go of Harry and walked to me, he cupped my face and began to examine the cut. I could see Harry run at Brad and before I could say anything Con appears from no where and hits him to the floor.
Everyone turns to see him laid on the floor, we all just turned and walked away. Nat came running over 'Mads, are you okay? Look at you.aw Mads.' She leans in and whispers 'Mads, Hollie is watching, remember what we're doing. Brad he has his arm wrapped around you'
I immediately pull away from Brad and turn to face him, I say 'lake' and walk away with Nat. as I turned he smiled at me and nodded. I ran to the lake as fast as I could.
*Brad's Pov*
When I saw him grab Mads like that, I felt so much anger and then to see him hit her, she just fell to the floor. I felt so much rage, I wanted to kill him, but then she touched my shoulder and the words she said, it made me realise I don't want to waste my time to hurt him, I want to use my time to make sure she is okay, to keep her safe.
'Oh Con, thanks for having my back today. You still know how to punch aye. Love you man'
'Anytime, any day. Yeah I guess I do, it came in handy didn't it, now you go and see Mads at the lake. Look after her. Love ya to mate'
'I will'
*Maddie's Pov*
Not going to lie that hurt so much. But I was so happy to be away from him, when I saw Con hit him, I'd admit it made me feel good he finally understood what it was like to be victimised and feel weak. The power Con had to knock Harry straight Of his fight, it was intense. I decided I would go see him to say thank you. As I turn I see Brad, I instantly felt safe and happy.
'Hey'
'Hey Mads, you okay?'
'Brad, I've never been better'
He kisses me stopping me from talking. But I couldn't enjoy the moment I had Hollie on my mind, I pull away and look at him.
'Mads, you said when you leave Harry, we could be together'
He looks sad, I cup his face and reply
'Theres not anything that I want more than to be with you but I can't not yet and I can't tell you why, I'm so sorry'
'Your sorry, I told you everything yesterday and when you wouldn't tell me anything I didn't pressure you and now your not with Harry but there's still something that you can't tell me. What's the point in being together if you can't tell me anything? I can't go through being lied to and having secrets kept from me, not again. Let me know when your ready to open up' and with that he walks away. I sit for a while distraught but I understood after everything he went through with Hollie. He just wanted the truth but that's something I couldn't give him, not yet.
I decide to walk to Con's to see how he is.
'Hi Con, how's the hand?'
'Hey Mads, it's fine, how's your face?'
I walk over and sit next to him.
'Its fine, you know what you did for me today was pretty incredible'
I grab his hand, I look to see if there's any bruising from the punch.
'It was nothing, I just wanted to keep you safe and I didn't want him to hurt Brad, it was unfair he was going for Brad when he was facing you'
'Yeah I know. Your the greatest friend anyone could ever have, and the power behind that punch. It was just wow'
'Thanks Mads. Yeah it's from my boxing days.'
'Boxing? I didn't know you boxed and when did you stop?'
'Oh, okay. Truth when you left I got angry at everything you was my best friend, my only friend I felt so alone so I began boxing because it got my anger out. There was this kid that used to pick on me but I was never bothered. He then started to bring you up and my family. One day he got me angry. He threatened my parents, my little brother and you, I couldn't hold the rage back, I hit him. Only once but he was hurt. The boys saw me hit him and took me away, gave me an alibi for that day and protected me and my secret. Since that day I never boxed again. They saved me, so I owe them everything'
That's the secret I'm protecting. Wow.
'What happened to the boy you hit?'
'He was fine, I just needed an alibi because otherwise I would be arrested for attacking him, even through he was threatening me'
I look at his face, he looks down and so I hug him. He's incredible, since day one he's protected me, when I left he still protected me and even to this day he continues to protect me. I needed to protect him now.
'Con, I'm sorry for leaving I didn't want to. But I came back, back to you. Your my best friend that's forever protected me. I will protect your secret and you. I love you Con'
He looks down and replies 'but not like you love Brad'
I felt my heart break. 'Im sorry Con. Before I left I loved you but now I only love you as a best friend, your right I love Brad in a different way but I love you both at the same level. Okay?'
He looks at me and smiles 'I can handle that, now come on let me walk you home'
On the way back, I thought about the secrets I'm keeping, the pain I'm going through to keep them. I soon realised I needed to keep them, I can't let Hollie tell anyone.
*Brad's Pov*
I didn't want to walk away but I needed her to understand how much the lies and secrets hurt me. I just hope I can get through to her.
*Nat's Pov*
I had been on the phone to Mads for hours, trying to work out what to do with Hollie. We couldn't handle the abuse anymore , I know I couldn't. I look down to my arm and I wonder when did I come to this, but I just didn't know how to stop. Anything that upsets me, stresses me out I reach for the blade. I just need to stop all this pain I feel but I can't. And I can't tell Tris, it's part of the deal with Hollie the deal I need to get out of. And Mads is going through enough already, she's receiving so much hate and abuse at school as Hollie is in all of her lessons, she's only in half of mine. How is she coping with this? I'm struggling and I need help but I don't know where to go. I need to sort Hollie out, we need to get out of this crap situation we are in. I feel like I'm drowning.
*Maddie's Pov *
After getting off the phone with Nat, I knew there was something wrong. Apart from the obvious, I've noticed she constantly wears long sleeves, she whimpers if someone grabs hold of her arm or if she knocks it. But she wouldn't, would she? I will make it my mission to find out and stop this abuse from Hollie. But for now I need to sleep, it's been a long day.
At 6am I am awoken by my mum coming home from work, she enters my room
'Mads, you awake?'
'Well, I am now. What is it mum?'
'Are you happy here? Is something happening?'
'Yes mum I'm so happy here, I love being here. No nothings happening everything is fine. Well it would be if you didn't wake me up at 6am'
'Im sorry but I've seen the bruises and now the cut what's happening?'
I laugh 'okay truth, I'm super clumsy and fell over and then today someone opened a locker and I walked into it, it's fine mum'
I could never tell her the truth she would freak.
'Okay, but I'm here you know that. Oh and I've got some extra shifts at the hospital okay, so I won't be home when you are. Love you sweetie'
Yeah shes here for me one hour a day when We are both asleep.
'Love you to mum'
And with that I went back to sleep.

--------------------------------------------
Please please please share my story, vote and please comment. The comments give me the motivation to do the next chapter. I would really love it for you all to comment what you think should or will happen next? If there's anything you want to know about me or my story and the up coming stories then please feel few to tweet me or dm me of I follow you @maddiehornn
Thank you for all the support!