Chapter 1: She exists.

Shin Ryujin sighed as she walked through the doors of Dream High Arts School. The Dreamers, Dream High students, stood in huddles discussing their summer break and the latest Regionals of Arts School Battle specifically the dance battle. The boys were agreeing on how well the Dance Elite had executed their moves and the girls giggling over which of the Elite's dancers looked the hottest. Ryujin dodged the fangirls of Dance Elite who seemed to be giggling over nothing and rolled her eyes. She sighed again, this time in relief as she saw her locker. She reached it quickly and opened it; she placed her bag in the locker and stood there, her fingers tapping the locker door trying to remember what she had to bring in class.

"Beep! Beep!"

Ryujin jumped when she heard a familiar voice. "Oh, hey Chaeryeong, what do we have first?" she asked her best friend, still staring at her locker.

"Physics of dance," she replied and Ryujin nodded reaching in and sorting through her precious books in search of her notebook and textbook.

Ryujin had just shut the door to her locker when a huge roar echoed in the halls of Dream High. She exchanged a look with Chaeryeong as a dance mob made their way towards them.

"I think the stars have arrived," Chaeryeong commented sarcastically as they stood and watched the procession, Ryujin nodded in agreement.

Coming towards them was Dream High's most popular school representative in the recent Regionals - the Dance Elite, surrounded by fangirls, fanboys and nearly everybody who had attended the prestigious Arts School Battle last summer. Ryujin rolled her eyes as the dance mob scene passed them. It was completely beyond her why the entire school seemed so fascinated by the Dance.Elite. After all, the school had other division in Elites and all of them did so well like Theatre Elite where Chaeryeong was part of. Yet it was the Elite's dancers hailed the most popular people in Dream High since last year, they ruled the school, it was like living with gods. Personally, Ryujjn thought the entire thing was over the top, they were people after all and not gods, no matter what they chose to believe.

"I don't get it, what is it about the Dance Elite that makes them so special?" Ryujin asked Chaeryeong as the last of the crowd past them, the two girls began to walk to their homeroom.

"Two words, Hwang Hyunjin," Chaeryeong dryly answered to which Ryujin rolled her eyes again.

"As in the stuck up I'm-a-big-shot-you-have-to-do-everything-I-say Hwang Hyunjin?" Ryujin asked sarcastically and Chaeryeong nodded with a laugh, they had this conversation nearly every morning and it still amused the latter to hear her best friend talk about Hyunjin like that.

"As in that Hwang Hyunjin, I don't get why you're so mean to him. What has he ever done to you?" Chaeryeong asked with curiosity.

Ryujin laughed upon hearing it. "Chae, how could Hyunjin do anything to me when he doesn't even know I exist?"

Chaeryeong let the thought processed with a straight face before speaking a minute after. "True, your point being?"

Ryujin laughed again as they stopped outside their major rooms. "My-" She never got to finish her sentence because as soon as she started she was shoved out of the doorway and half the Dance Elite filed past her into the Practical Dance room.

Ryujin felt herself bang up against a locker and winced in pain as she felt something sharp dig into her back. Slowly she pushed off the locker and walked over to Chaeryeong, who was standing there looking horrified at what had just happened.

"And that is why I hate egomaniacs." Ryujin growled as she felt her wrist throb.

"Hey are you alright?" a deep voice asked sounding concerned.

Ryujin spun around and met two pair of dazzling eyes. It took her a moment to register that she was looking at Hwang Hyunjin, the mole under his right eye was a dead giveaway. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I don't know. Why don't you try getting slam into a locker by your friends and see how you'd feel afterwards?" Ryujin snapped at him.

Hyunjin stared at the feisty girl in front of him, and wondered why she'd taken that tone with him. He only wanted to know if she was okay. Suddenly his eyes narrowed to mirror her own and his tone became cold.

"Whatever, you really should watch where you're standing," he muttered and Ryujin stared at him in shock as he walked past her.

"Wait, I should watch where I'm standing? When they're the ones that should have actually realized that I exist?" Ryujin shot at him, folding her arms.

"Oh, realize you exist? Shouldn't that have been, realized you were standing where you were standing?" Hyunjin shot back, setting his jaw.

Ryujin rolled her eyes and let out a cynical laugh. "I thought exist would have gotten the point across better. I mean you all know that people exists outside your little world, right?"

"Of course I know that people exists, if I didn't would I be standing here talking to you?" Hyunjin folded his arms, knowing he had just won as the girl threw her arms up in the air.

"Why are you talking to me?" Ryujin snapped at him as their homeroom teacher walked towards them.

"You tell me," he replied heatedly.

Headmaster Park Jinyoung, Dream High's Principal, watched the two with interest. He was certain that Hyunjin had no idea who Ryujin was, but as he watched the two he had noticed something shouldn't have been there given how furious they both looked. Quietly he walked up to them and cleared his throat.

"Forgive me, but shouldn't you three be in your major rooms now?" Headmaster Park asked noticing Lee Chaeryeong off to the side.

"Three?" Hyunjin asked still glaring at Ryujin.

"Yes three, see this is why I asked you if you were aware that people actually exists outside your own world!" Ryujin smirked at him knowing that she had finally won the argument.

Hyunjin glared at Ryujin and then finally took notice of the other girl standing beside them with her mouth open watching them argue the whole time.

Hyunjin ran a hand through his hair and let out a frustrated breath, "watch where you're standing next time." He warned her knowing she wouldn't like it.

Ryujin's mouth dropped open as she watched him walk into the Practical Dance room. She turned back to Chaeryeong who was just as stunned as she seemed. She then turned to Headmaster Park who had been watching the final word with the two in mounting amusement.

"In, you two! Lee Chaeryeong to your Musical Theatre, and you Shin Ryujin follow me now in Broadcasting Arts room, I have something to discuss with Master Jaewon," Headmaster Park finally ordered.

Ryujin watched her terrified best friend walked inside her major room, as she slowly followed Headmaster Park into her major room.

The day has just started and yet I'm exhausted already. Can this day get any better? She thought to herself while walking to her class.