Chapter 14: Eavesdropping in a heartbeat

Ryujin sighed as she walked through the doors of Dream High. Her mind kept on returning to the previous day and, more importantly, Hyunjin. She couldn't keep a small smile from slipping onto her face as she thought about his hand running through her hair. It had felt so nice, so, so nice. A small giggle escaped her as her locker came into view. Ryujin had never actually met anyone who could make her feel this, well whatever she was feelings she hadn't actually felt it before. She felt so…giggly and giddy. Not that it was actually going to last, Hyunjin had a habit of managing to get her really annoyed within ten seconds of being around her. She grinned as she pulled open her locker.

"Hey Ryujinie," Chaeryeong's voice made her jump.

"Hey Chae, how are you?" she asked and honestly expected Chaeryeong to start to cry or pour her heart out, instead she sighed and Ryujin turned to look at her.

"I'm okay, I'm over it," Chaeryeong replied, sounding neutral.

Ryujin studied her closely. Chaeryeong was lying, it was obvious, but she could also see some resilience and knew that while Chaeryeong was not over what had happened, she was doing her best and trying hard to get over it. "Okay," she nodded and tried to sound convinced.

"I'm fine, really, you don't have to worry." Chaeryeong insisted knowing that her best friend didn't believe her at all.

Ryujin nodded again, turning back to her locker and then spun back around when she heard Chaeryeong's sharp intake of breath. Ryujin shot her an odd look when she saw that no-one they knew was standing there. Turning back to her lock, Ryujin reached into it, in search of her notebook. Suddenly, she felt someone poke her and she jumped, her hand hitting the top of her locker.

"HWANG HYUNJIN I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" she yelled spinning around to slap his chest.

"Sorry," Hyunjin laughed and she hit him again.

"That wasn't funny, first you bruise my knee and now you bruise my arm! Are you intent on torturing me physically and mentally?" she snapped at him.

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

Ryujin rolled her eyes and turned back to her locker. "If you feel the need to annoy me more then yes, I really want you to answer that," she replied sarcastically and turned back to him.

Ryujin suddenly realized that both Felix and Chaeryeong were standing next to each other, looking the opposite way and realized how awkward the situation was. Especially since both Hyunjin and her had forgotten that they were both standing there.

"Hi Felix," Ryujin greeted him and Felix grunted in return. She exchanged a glance with Hyunjin and then looked at Chaeryeong.

"Ryujin, can we go now?" her best friend asked and Ryujin just nodded.

"Um, can you meet me in the library at lunch and we'll put the assignment together then okay?" she asked Hyunjin.

"Alright, I'll see you then." Hyunjin nodded.

Ryujin smiled as she watched him drag Felix off. "Sorry Chae, we kind of got carried away." She apologized to her friend who was still looking at the ground.

"It's okay."

Ryujin bit her lip, unsure whether or not to believe her best friend. "Are you sure you're okay?" she asked very concerned at the fact that Chaeryeong hadn't screamed at her for ignoring her and even more concerned that she hadn't started on her about the way she and Hyunjin was acting.

"Ryujin I'm fine! Honestly, I'm just tired that's all," she exclaimed and then wanted to take back what she said when her friend recoiled.

"Alright, I was just checking, you're kind of quiet," Ryujin held her hands surrendering.