Chapter 15: Emotions

Ryujin stood and stared at her locker. It had been two days since she had last spoken to Hyunjin, yelled at him actually. And, despite everything, she really was beginning to miss him. Something she wouldn't admit to anyone, even if Chaeryeong had guessed. Sighing, she pulled open her locker and started to sort through it. She still couldn't believe that he had talked Felix into breaking up with Chaeryeong. It just didn't seem like something he would do. She shook her head; she had to stop thinking about him.

"Hey," Chaeryeong said walking up to her friend, Ryujin glanced at her and then nodded slightly before turning her attention back to her locker.

"What's wrong? You've been miserable ever since you met Hyunjin in the library two days ago," Chaeryeong asked gently and watched as her friend froze at the mention of him.

"Nothing, nothing's wrong. Everything's brilliant." Ryujin made a fake smile on her face and answered Chaeryeong's question a little bit too quickly.

"Yeah right, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing, really, I just…didn't sleep very well last night," she replied, turning to Chaeryeong.

"Okay sure, whatever you say," Chaeryeong nodded unconvinced as Ryujin shut her locker door.

"I'm fine," Ryujin said her eyes widening as she saw who was walking down the hall.

"What's wrong, Ryujin?" Chaeryeong asked seeing Ryujin's eyes widen.

"Nothing, let's just get to class, I don't want Master Sunmi to kill us for being late." With that Ryujin grabbed Chaeryeong's hand and pulled her down the hall and away from whatever had caused her eyes to widen.

Hyunjin saw Ryujin pull Chaeryeong in the opposite direction of him and let out a frustrated breath. He'd been trying to talk to her for the past two days and she always walked in the opposite direction. He really needed to explain to her about what she had heard and why he had said it. Besides, he'd grown so accustomed to talking to her, whether it was arguing or not and, even though he would never admit it under pain of death, he really did kind of miss her.

"Yo man, what's up?" Jeongin walked up to his friend.

"Not much." Hyunjin sighed and before Jeongin could say anything more, he walked off, his mind working furiously as he tried to figure out how to get Ryujin to talk to him.

_________

"So what do we have now?" Ryujin asked Chaeryeong as they left Theatric Mathematics.

Chaeryeong thought for a moment. "Music Literature. Hey, we'll get our assignments back!"

Ryujin nodded unenthusiastically, she really didn't care about the assignments at the moment.

"Oh come on, be excited! Yours and Hyunjin's assignment was the best one that I saw, you guys put so much effort into it."

"I really don't care, as long as I'm never paired with him again." The venom in Ryujin's voice surprised Chaeryeong as much as it surprised her. As miserable as she was, Ryujin knew that she was still furious at Hyunjin for what he had done.

"Oooookay," Chaeryeong reacted, not really sure what had happened to her friend and not sure if she wanted to find out exactly why Ryujin had returned to hating him.

Hyunjin watched as Ryujin walked into the room, she looked over at him quickly and then looked away as their eyes met. Sighing he watched as she sat down next to Chaeryeong and began to talk to her. Now he was beginning to get annoyed with her and the way she was acting. Before his thoughts could any further Master Ailee rushed into the room and he pushed his thoughts aside, not before looking at the back of Ryujin's head one last time.