Chapter 12: First kiss

Ryujin gazed around the Hwang's kitchen, wondering just what she had gotten herself into. She knew why she had accepted, Hyunjin had gotten the better of her and she wanted to get even. It was one of the things she couldn't stand about him; he always managed to get the better of her. Ryujin frowned, that thought was much too familiar. That thought was way too familiar actually. She still didn't quite understand how she had gone from hating him to liking him in all of two weeks. It was all a confusing mess that she didn't really want to think about at the moment. Ryujin shook her head as a mass of white and black fur launched itself at her.

"Whoa!" she cried as it landed in her lap and began to lick her ecstatically. For a moment her vision was blurred and than she realized that the black and white ball of fur on her lap was in fact a long haired Chihuahua.

"Oh Ryujin, I'm so sorry I thought Kkami was asleep," Mrs. Hwang turned around and saw the dog on Ryujin lap.

"Its okay, really, I'm just not used to dog jumping on me," she replied and than giggled as Kkami made an attempt at licking her face.

"Yes, most people aren't used to things like that," she agreed and Ryujin looked up and smiled at her.

"Is he Hyunjin's?" she asked and Mrs. Hwang nodded.

"Yes, I have no idea why that boy wanted a dog because he's so caught up with his Dance team and I don't have any time to look after him, I've got Yeji to worry about," Mrs. Hwang replied distractedly.

"Who's Yeji?" Ryujin asked curiously removing the puppy from her lap and setting it on the floor.

"Hyunjin's twin sister, didn't you know that?"

Ryujin shook her head. "Oh. He never mentioned it to me," she said and then grinned, 'We were probably to busy arguing' she thought with a slight shake of her head. "She doesn't go to Dream High. Doesn't she go to a performing school?"

"She went to a regular one during high school, she only decided to embrace her natural gift of performing after graduation. You see, Yeji's already in University. She goes to Dream University actually, a freshman," she proudly shared.

"Wow. She must be really good, it's not easy to get into Dream University. But why is Hyunjin still in high school?"

"Hyunjin got kick out in middle school you know. Some guy had the audacity to take advantage of Yeji, naturally he got so angry and punched the kid almost to death. Hyunjin is so protective of her sister. He adores Yeji, he's the best big twin brother and the only one that can put her to sleep for months of that traumatic event." Mrs. Hwang informed Ryujin.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be hard to go through all that as a parent. Your son did nothing wrong, he just saved his sister though," Ryujin said and Mrs. Hwang just nodded and returned to her business.

"Are you two talking about me?" Hyunjin's voice caused Ryujin to jump and she turned in her chair to look at him. She silently thanked god that he had a shirt on this time and then blushed a bit as she felt his eyes on her.

"Yes, but your not going to find out what about," she replied and he grinned, Ryujin just gave him a look.

"I bet if I get you really angry, you'll tell me," Hyunjin said taking the seat opposite her.

"I bet you won't."

"Is that a challenge, Shin Ryujin?" he asked, grinning.

She tilted her head to one side and an evil smirk appeared on her face. "I've been challenging you from day one Hwang Hyunjin, why'd you just pick up on it now?"

Hyunjin shrugged. "Maybe because half the time you never gave me a second to think," he replied, leaning casually back in his chair.

"If I didn't give you a second to think how'd you win all the arguments?"