Chapter 13: Caught in a moment

Ryujin sat on Chaeryeong's bed and watched as her best friend paced back and forth across her room. Every now and than she would see a tear spill over and sigh as Chaeryeong stopped talking a mile a minute and collapse on the ground, crying. She'd been watching this for the past thirty minutes and was secretly getting sick of it. Yes, Chaeryeong was her best friend and yes the fact that she and Felix had broken up really broke her heart, but there was only so much she could take and seeing Chaeryeong collapse in tears for the fiftieth time since arriving and being slightly annoyed with her for ringing up at such a crucial moment caused Ryujin to do something that she'd never thought she'd have to do. She grabbed the glass of water sitting on Chaeryeong's dresser and she threw it over her.

"What? What was that for?" Chaeryeong spluttered after a moments shock.

"Stop crying, because it won't bring Felix back," Ryujin snapped at her, letting her frustration show a little more than intended.

Chaeryeong stared at her in shock. "Okay, I thought you'd be a little more sympathetic, mainly because I got you out of spending more time with Hyunjin, the guy you supposedly hate," she shot back.

Ryujin sighed and closed her eyes, a small smile appearing on her face as the memory of his arm around her waist came flooding back. "I don't hate him, and I am sympathetic, but seriously, you're testing my patience. You can watch somebody collapse in tears only so many times."

Chaeryeong looked at her, studying her best friend carefully. "You kissed him didn't you?"

The question caught Ryujin off guard and she answered without thinking. "Just a peck, you rang up before our lips actually did more than just touched," she replied with a sigh and then her eyes widened as she realized what she had said.

"YOU KISSED HIM?" Chaeryeong shrieked.

Ryujin jumped, her face screwing up at the sudden loud noise. "Ah jinjja, Chaeryeong, you just went from being a mouse to an elephant in the noise department and why do you care? Ten seconds ago you were lying on the floor in tears."

"Whatever, details, I want details, and don't you dare say there are none because you'd be lying to your best friend who really, really, needs her mind to be taken off what happened earlier. Please tell me something," Chaeryeong begged her standing up and giving her a pleading look.

"You're not going to get anything from me, mainly because nothing happened, there are no details and why does my phone keep going off when I get to something important?" Ryujin snapped as her phone rang for the second time that evening. She picked it up off Chaeryeong's bed, which was where it had been sitting for the past half an hour and looked at who was calling. She blushed when she recognized the number.

"It's him, isn't it?" Chaeryeong asked seeing her blush, she glared at her and then answered the phone.

"They broke-up," Hyunjin stated and Ryujin sighed.

"I know are you over at his place?" she asked turning from Chaeryeong, whose eyes had suddenly welled up again, Ryujin could tell she'd guessed who she had been referring to.

"Would 'kill me now' be an answer to your question?" he replied sarcastically.

Ryujin laughed, suddenly forgetting what had happened between them before and falling into a conversation that seemed so familiar. "Depends on how I interpret it."

"No, it depends on whether or not you decide to ignore or take notice of my tone of voice."

She could picture him shrugging. "Hyunjin, that's something that I would say," she stated rolling her eyes.

"Hmmm, you're right, how about this? Ryujin, I was being sarcastic and can you please kill me now because Felix has just started to throw his basketball at the brick wall in his backyard and I really don't want to make an attempt at stopping him," Hyunjin sounded pained.