Chapter 9: Touch

"Why would Wickham marry Lydia, if it meant accepting Darcy's help?" Hyunjin's voice broke through Ryujin's concentration and she looked up and shot him a look.

"Why wouldn't he? He's getting money for marrying her and that's all he wanted," she replied.

"Would you marry me for money?"

Ryujin stared at him, confused. "No, that's stupid!" She wondered exactly where he was going with this.

"Exactly," he nodded at her and then continued reading, Ryujin stared at him.

That had to be one of the most random things he had asked her today. Not that Hyunjin had actually spoken to her since they'd walked through her front door after Chaeryeong and Felix had left. He seemed to be just work, well he wasn't actually working. He was currently reading her copy of 'Pride and Prejudice' and despite all her misgivings about letting him do the report; he actually seemed to understand what he was reading. Ryujin glanced at him once more and found her eyes following the curve of his cheek down to his mouth. His lips looked so kissable and soft. Ryujin bit her lip and looked back down at her work, trying to shake those thoughts from her mind. She glanced up once more and than back down again and concentrated on her work.

Hyunjin glanced over at Ryujin as he heard her pen tapping the paper, he had decided against talking to her when he walked through the door and so far it had worked perfectly. He read; she worked. No conversation whatsoever. He knew that Ryujin didn't get why he had asked her the question about Wickham and Lydia he had just needed to clear something up and she seemed to know everything about the book, so asking her was the obvious choice. Hyunjin glanced at the book and then back up at Ryujin, his eyes traced her smooth hair down to her neck. It looked so tempting, for a brief moment he wondered what it would be like to be able to run his lips through it. He glanced back down at the book, and then up once more. Shaking his head, Hyunjin looked back down at the page and began to read again.

After a few moments Ryujin felt her stomach rumble and she looked up at the clock. Her eyes widened and she did a double take.

"Hey Hyunjin, do you want some lunch?" she asked throwing her pen down and stretching, he looked up in surprise and his eyes slid to the clock.

Ryujin felt herself redden slightly as he turned his sharp eyes towards her, she'd never actually noticed how charismatic they were and there was a slight twinkle in them. Ryujin found herself getting caught up in them.

"Sure," he replied easily and he broke the hypnotizing gaze he had on her.

"Right, sure, um, what do you want?" she asked feeling flustered.

"Dunno, what've you got?"

"Good question," she said and got up.

Hyunjin waited for a moment before slowly following her into the kitchen. He leant against the door frame and watched as Ryujin conducted a search through the refrigerator.

"Hey Ryujin?" he began hesitantly.

"Mmmm?"

"If you don't mind me asking but where are you parents?" he continued, she stopped rummaging around in the fridge and turned to look at him.

"Mom's away on a business trip, and Dad's in Japan to attend a Medical Conference. I think he is anyway," Ryujin replied carelessly.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrows. "And they have no problem whatsoever with the fact that you and I are here all alone?" he continued coming into the kitchen.

Ryujin shrugged. "I spoke to Mom last night, she's got no problem with it, Dad's a different story, he'd probably fly all the way home from Japan to murder you and ground me," she replied with a wry grin.