Chapter 10: Actions speak louder

Ryujin walked through the doors of Dream High and felt a slight sense of foreboding. What was she going to say to Hyunjin? To say what had happened on Saturday had been awkward would have been an understatement. She still had no idea what was happening to her, it had never happened before and than he had come along and now she was just plain confused. A week or two weeks ago, she hated him; she couldn't stand to be around him and now. Now Ryujin found herself enjoying his company, she liked the way he wasn't afraid to argue with her, she liked the way he could be as sarcastic with her as she was with him, she liked the way he challenged her. Maybe she just plain liked him. Almost as quickly as the thought popped up, she pushed it away. It was a stupid thought; Hyunjin was her partner in an assignment, nothing more.

"Hey," Ryujin jumped when she heard Hyunjin's voice; she spun to look at him and stared at him before managing to compose herself.

"Hey," she replied quietly and he looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"So, um, what are we going to do about this assignment?" he asked as she continued to walk down the hallway.

"Plead irreconcilable differences and ask for an extension?" Ryujin replied with a grin and he burst out laughing.

"Definitely, Felix and Chaeryeong can be our witnesses," Hyunjin agreed.

Ryujin glanced at him and wondered if he'd thought about what had happened on the weekend at all. "Speaking of Felix and Chaeryeong, did you know that they got together two days after they were made partners?" she asked, stopping in front of her locker.

"Are you serious?"

Ryujin laughed as Hyunin's jaw hit the ground. "Yes, I'm serious, she told me on Saturday."

"Interesting, I never thought Chaeryeong would be Felix's type," he mused.

Ryujin looked over at him a frown appearing on her face. "Let me guess, Felix's type is a beach blonde whose life ambition is to be a playboy bunny or whatever you call those things, come to think of it that's probably your type too," she said sounding slightly sarcastic as she pulled her locker door open.

Hyunjin frowned at her and watched as several books slid out of her locker and hit the ground. "You know, you don't have to take that tone with me," he snapped at her and bent to help her pick up the books.

"I didn't use a tone," she argued with him.

"Sure you didn't and books didn't just slide out of your locker," he shot back and Ryujin glared at him. Hyunjin glared back and they both reached for the same book.

Ryujin's eyes widened as she felt their hands meet and their fingers entwine. Hyunjin stared at the girl in front of him, his glare softening as he watched her eyes soften as well. He liked the feeling of her hand in his, they were so soft, he hadn't noticed how soft they were until now. He found himself getting caught up in her wonderfully expressive eyes.

Ryujin could feel her body grow warm as got lost in Hyunjin's eyes. They were so sharp and clear and she felt like he was seeing right through her. Her grip on his hand tightened slightly. His hands were so different from what she'd imagined them to be, she had thought that his hands would be rough and tough. But they weren't, they were smooth and not exactly soft but they weren't tough either.

"Hyunjin!" A loud voice cried out and it snapped them out of the trance that they were in.

Ryujin yanked her hand from Hynjin's and grabbed the book off of him, they stood up and she threw the books into her locker. Hyunjin shoved his hands into the back pockets of his jeans and rocked backwards on his heels.

"Uh, we have to finish the assignment," Ryujin said sounding flustered, she avoided looking at him and allowed her hair to fall in front of her face.