Chapter 6: Opposites attract

Ryujin groaned and rested her aching head against her locker. It was only third period and she already had a splitting headache. She closed her eyes and almost immediately they snapped open, against her will, against every fiber in her body, Ryujin's mind had immediately jumped to the first class she'd had and the stupid feeling of Hyunjin's body against her own. She still didn't know what had been wrong with her. The way Hyunjin had said 'Just dance Shin' would have been enough to rile her up more than ever, but it hadn't. All she had said was 'Fine' and kept on dancing and than what she had said to Chaeryeong afterwards. How could she have been so stupid to tell Chaeryeong that? 'The rumors about his body are true', it had been like handing herself the death penalty. Ryujin knew that her best friend wouldn't forget her comment and she knew that there was no way in the history of the world that she was going to let Ryujin forget it either. She groaned again as the warning bell rang and she remembered that she was about to face Hyunjin for the second time today.

Quickly Ryujin grabbed her books and headed to her classroom. She ran in out of breath and for the first time late. The class turned to stare at her, she smiled hesitantly at them before making her way to her seat next to Hyunjin.

"That's a first, Shin Ryujin late for class," Hyunjin whispered to her when she sat down.

Ryujin shot him a look. "At least it's only a first for me," she replied smartly.

He shrugged. "Whatever."

"Shin Ryujin, Hwang Hyunjin are you two quite done with your 'secret' conversation that everyone can hear?" Master Ailee asked tiredly, as amusing as the two were when they argued, they always seemed to be interrupting her class.

"Sorry," they both mumbled and looked away from each other.

Neither spoke as Master Ailee began to give her instructions to the class, half were going to the library and half were staying in the classroom. Ryujin was barely listening to her teacher; her mind could only concentrate on the fact that Hwang Hyunjin was sitting just centimeters away from her. 'Stop it Ryujin! Stop it!' she told herself furiously, 'What is wrong with you? He's sat that close to you before and you've never thought about it what's so different about now?' she asked herself with a mixture of curiosity and the fury she'd felt before.

Hyunjin's eyes wandered the class, desperately searching for something that would take his mind off the girl sitting next to him. 'What's up with you? You've sat next to her before and you've never felt like this. Get over it!' Hyunjin willed himself heatedly. He snuck a glance at her and their eyes met, both instantly turned away.

Ryujin could feel her cheeks burning as she stared at the desk. That had been embarrassing. He'd caught her looking at him; Ryujin didn't even know why she had been looking at him. She glanced at him one more time and wondered how his eyes could unnerve her to the extent that she couldn't remember why she hated him.

Hyunjin leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. That had been weird. He'd never been embarrassed to look a girl in the eye before, whether it was if their eyes had met by accident or whether he had looked at her purposely. Hyunjin didn't even know why he had looked at Ryujin, but there was something about her eyes that was causing him to question exactly why he hated her.

"Hyunjin, Ryujin, you're meant to be coming to the library with us" Chaeryeong's voice broke through their thoughts and both nodded, Ryujin still examining the ground and Hyunjin very interested in the black spot on the ceiling.

"Now!" Chaeryeong ordered looking at them oddly, she watched as both of their heads snapped to look at her and than they both glance at each other. She watched in interest as their eyes met and they both went red.