Chapter 3: You're late!

Ryujin walked up to her locker the next morning, her head had ceased throbbing, she had regretted banging her head on the table soon after she had done it yesterday, and her mood had improved slightly since yesterday. Only slightly though. She was almost positive that once she would see Hyunjin her mood was going to worsen. Just thinking about him caused her muscles to tense and her fist to curl into a ball. Hate was as feeling that Ryujin very rarely felt but she was quite sure that it was exactly what she was feeling about Hyunjin.

"How am I going to get through one period with him?" Ryujin whispered to herself.

Ryujin was seriously contemplating skipping Music Literature when Chaeryeong approached her cautiously. She turned to look at her and, if her mood had been better, she would have probably laughed at the nervous expression on her best friend's face. Instead she nodded at her curtly and turned back to her locker, this time she decided to open it.

"Hey," Chaeryeong said quietly, she decided to go cautiously in case one wrong word could set off Ryujin.

"Relax Chae, you won't be able to set me off," Ryujin told her calmly, Chaeryeong gave her an odd look and wondered if she should venture into a very delicate subject with her friend.

"Okay, so I'm guessing that Hyun-" Chaeryeong stopped talking when Ryujin shot her a vicious look by just uttering the first syllable of Hyunjin's name.

"Don't even go there." Ryujin warned her and Chaeryeong wondered if she should tell her what they had first class.

"What do we have first?" Chaeryeong winced when the question burst from Ryujin's lips.

"Uhm-" Chaeryeong said bracing herself for an explosion.

Ryujin turned to eye her best friend suspiciously, "Lee Chaeryeong!"

"Music Literature," Chaeryeong replied and waited.

Ryujin stared at her and than turned back to her locker stuck her head into and let loose a bloodcurdling scream. Chaeryeong winced as the occupants of Drean High stared at Ryujin, who still had her head in her locker.

"Done?" Chaeryeong asked after a moment and Ryujin pulled her head out of her locker and stared at her.

"I swear to god Chae-" she started and this time it was Chaeryeong giving her a warning look.

"Look Ryujinie, I know you're not ecstatic about being partnered with Hyunjin, okay that was an understatement," Chaeryeong conceded when her best friend shot her another look, "but I don't get why you're going on about it. I mean you've worked with heaps of people you don't like; you got partnered with Betty once for god's sake! What's the difference between them and Hyunjin?"

Ryujin slammed her locker shut with a loud bang. People standing next to her locker jumped and she ignored them as she walked past, "what's the difference? There's a huge difference, an enormous difference, a monumental difference between him and them, Chaeryeong!" Ryujin exclaimed.

Chaeryeong just nodded and waited for her to continue, "what's the difference?"

Ryujin did not reply, mainly because she was completely and utterly stumped. She knew what the difference was but she could not put it into words; it was one of those things where she knew what it was but there was no way that she could put it into words. She just didn't like him. Period.

"Forget it," Ryujin muttered when she saw the Dance Elites approaching.

Hyunjin looked up and silently groaned when he saw Ryujin walking in his direction. He seriously didn't like that girl. He barely knew her and already he was well on his way to hating her. Both times he had spoken to her, he had argued with her and now he was meant to work with her for three weeks? He ran a hand through his hand as he heard Jeongin say that Music Literature would be their first class today. Scratch the three weeks; Hyunjin wondered if he would come out of one period with her in a good mood.