Chapter 17: Finale

Ryujin dodged the crowd as she walked through the doors of Dream High. It was still exactly the same; she could see the girls giggling over the latest dance battle. She shot them an amused look as she passed, finding it amusing that they giggled over the same thing every Monday morning. She glanced to her left and observed the boys talking excitedly about the dance battle and how well the Dance Elites had performed. She refrained from rolling her eyes with extreme difficulty and then continued walking. She came up to her locker and chose to ignore the fangirls giggling over the hottest dance machine at the battle. She yanked her locker open and began to rummage around in it, searching for the right book.

"Hey Ryujinie." Chaeryeong walked up to her friend and leant against the locker next to hers.

"Hey Chae, we have Physics of Dance first don't we?" Ryujin asked, still concentrating on finding her book.

"No, we have Music Literature then Physics of Dance," Chaeryeong replied examining her nails.

Ryujin glanced at her and then rolled her eyes. "Okay then." She turned back to her locker before turning to see the commotion. When she saw what it was all about, Ryujin rolled her eyes and slammed her locker door shut.

"Ooooh, someone's in a good mood." Taylor commented as they began to walk down the hallway away from the commotion.

"Oh yeah, tell me this. How did the Dance Elites' become the living Gods of this school?" Ryujin asked ignoring the shocked looks coming from a group of girls they were passing.

"I don't know, it could be that they are incredibly talented," Chaeryeong suggested, knowing perfectly well that two words could send her best friend into a rant, instead of actually saying them she skirted around the subject.

"They are not incredibly talented. More like clumsily athletic." Ryujin snorted.

Chaeryeong raised her eyebrows at her. "You do realize that you just contradicted yourself when you said that right?"

Ryujin shrugged as they came to a stop outside their room. "So? It's true, they're really clumsy when they're not on the court." The menace in her voice was pretty obvious.

"What did he do this time?" Chaeryeong asked with a sigh.

Ryujin looked at her innocently. "Who?" she asked sweetly.

Chaeryeong folded her arms crankily. "Hwang Hyunjin." She then felt Felix unfold her arms and take her hand.

Ryujin smiled at Felix and then turned her attention back to Chaeryeong. "What about Hwang Hyunjin?" she asked and felt two strong arms slip around her waist.

"Yeah, what about me?" Hyunjin asked glancing at his girlfriend curiously.

Ryujin turned to him. "We were talking about you, not to you," she snapped at him.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrows at her tone, he knew that look too well. "Well then stop talking about me and talk to me Shin Ryujin," he said, pulling her even closer to him just to annoy her.

"No. You know what you did," Ryujin replied, trying to squirm away from him and failing miserably.

"Oh really? What did I do? Because last time I checked I'm pretty sure that I didn't do anything horrible on the weekend," Hyunjin said. His arms tightening as Ryujin continued to struggle to get away from him.

"How could you not remember? You broke my chair because you have absolutely no coordination! Then you broke a plate in front of my Dad!" Ryujin exclaimed furiously.

"Okay, if my memory serves me correctly you helped me break that chair because you sat on my lap and I don't have enough coordination for two people, in case you haven't noticed but coordination is kind of a one person thing. And as to the plate thing, your Dad found the fact that I broke that plate hilarious because as he said, 'it takes a man to know how to dance and know nothing about the kitchen', including where his daughter decided to leave her schoolbag!" he shot back crankily.

Ryujin glowered at him, Hyunjin stared back unflinchingly. "Okay then smarty, why didn't you call me last night? If my memory serves correctly as you say, you promised me after the dance battle that you'd call me because I barely got to see you on Saturday," she spat at him.

Hyunjin frowned, knowing he wouldn't be able to talk his way out of this one. "I…got busy." He tried and she continued to glower at him, Hyunjin glared back knowing she was about to blow up.

"That isn't an excuse, Hwang Hyunjin! I got busy! God even you can come up with better excuses then that! Especially seeing as I actually gave you time to-"

Hyunjin cut her off by capturing her mouth firmly with his own, knowing no matter how mad Ryujin was at him there was no way she was going to pull away.

"Get a room you two!"

Hyunjin pulled away at the sound of Chaeryeong's disgusted voice, he grinned at her over Ryujin's head.

"We're still better then you two." Ryujin pointed out tartly before pulling Hyunjin back down for another kiss, her arms winding around his neck pulling him even closer to her.

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes and Felix chuckled as he watched his best friend and his girlfriend's best friend together. They had to be one of the strangest couples he had ever seen. One minute they were arguing, the next standing in the hallway acting like they couldn't get enough of each other.

Finally Ryujin pulled away from her boyfriend. "You are such a jerk when you want to be, you know that right?" she said pulling away from Hyunjin completely.

"Hey I'm just reacting to you." Hyunjin shrugged rewrapping an arm around Ryujin's waist and looking down at her with a sly grin. She gave him a warning look but slipped her free arm around his waist anyway.

"Whatever," Ryujin muttered as they turned to Chaeryeong and Felix.

"You guys are really weird you know that right?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Yep," Ryujin replied rolling her eyes at Chaeryeong.

"How are we weird?" Hyunjin asked nodding at a few people who had greeted him. Felix snorted slightly at his best friend and then stopped himself from saying anything when Ryujin shot him a stony look.

"You're together when the only thing you actually do is argue," Chaeryeong explained.

Hyunjin and Ryujin exchanged a glance and then looked back at their friends wearing matching smiles. "Nah, we're just reacting to each other that's all." They both said and laughed when Chaeryeong shook her head at them and pulled Felix away.

Ryujin turned to Hyunjin before they followed their friends.

"What?" he asked when he saw the look on her face.

"So, we're just reacting to each other?" Ryujin asked innocently.

Hyunjin laughed at her innocence. "Yes Shin Ryujin, we're just reacting," he replied and then kissed her quickly as Master Ailee walked up.

"Good, our chemistry is topnotch." Ryujin grinned, showing off her whisper dimples.

"We sure do." Hyunjin poke her cute dimples.

Ryujin just shrugged and give him a peck. "I kind of like the idea."

Hyunjin just blushed as she slipped out of his embrace and into the room. He watched her through the open door and then thought about what she had said. 'Topnotch Chemistry' now that he thought about it, it was probably a good way to describe them. After all when you throw to chemicals together, you're bound to get a reaction and when they'd been paired together, they'd definitely reacted.

"Hyunjin, class is going to start!" Hyunjin shook his head as he heard her voice, she now sounded annoyed with him, slowly he walked towards her. When he reached Ryujin, Hyunjin casually slung an arm around her neck and started talking to Felix.

Ryujin glanced at her boyfriend and then grinned as he pulled her closer to him and whispered in her ear.

"Topnotch Chemistry, nice one Shin Ryujin." Hyunjin kissed Ryujin's cheek as Master Ailee called for the class to quiet down. They definitely have great chemistry  and they'd definitely reacted in a good way.