Chapter Five.

Chapter Five.

Jack had been down in the cell for a day or so, Becky had told him, when he was called up to the the Bosses office. Two guys came to collect him, taking off his ankle cuffs completely and taking his wrist cuffs off the chain, but keeping them on him.

He was walked - marched is probably a better word - up three flights of stairs and round a few corners. Finally, they reached what Jack could only assume was the Bosses office.

One of the guys who brought him up from the cell knocked on the door.

"Boss, this is Thomas. We got what you asked for."

"Bring it in, then guard the door."

The door was pushed open to reveal a large room. The walls were red and black, one had guitars of all kinds hanging from hooks, one had a large window, one had shelves full of mostly CDs and the last was concealed by bookshelves and a door.

The ceiling was decorated with a red and black chandelier and the floor with a red rug over black wood.

In the center of the room was a desk, the wood looked expensive - probably mahogany now Jack thought about it - and this held a computer, several papers, a book and a small light.

Behind the desk, on a black swivel chair, sat the man from the bank who had been called 'Boss' by pretty much everyone.

"Jack, have a seat opposite me." Jack did so shakily. He was well aware of what this man could do. He had heard stories. Not from survivors. "I expect you are wondering why I didn't chose to kill you, as I so easily could have, correct?" Jack nodded. Too scared to speak. "Well, believe it or not I need a new face every now and then. I get bored. It's why I was at the bank and I didn't just send people to rob it for me. Unfortunately for you, this does mean you will not leave for a while. Fortunately for you, it does mean you are not expendible. You will be protected by me and the rest of the gang, unless you step out of line." Jack nodded, still not relaxed.

The Boss stood up and walked around the table. His walk was slow and he oozed power and confidence. He leaned over Jack, making him shrink into himself.

"Are you going to speak to me?"

Jack stayed still.

"Shame, I had just decided to keep you. I can't keep you if you don't talk."

"S-sorry." Jack cursed himself for stuttering.

The Boss smiled. A vampire that got its lunch smile. "It's fine. Scared, are you?"

"Yes."

"I won't hurt you. Now, I assume you have alot of questions. Ask away."

"Why me?"

"You intregued me. You had hidden and escaped the first search, you seemed smart."

"Where are we?"

"In my mansion, near London."

"Can I ever see my family again?"

"It will seem to the rest of the world you have simply moved house. Unless you give something away, you will see them as much as you did before."

"What will happen with my YouTube channel?"

"A few people here have channels as well, including me. You can keep it, but someone from here will edit the video. Just to make sure you can't hide a message or anything."

"OK. What will happen to my dogs?" 

"Do. Not. Make. Me. Repeat. Myself. It will seem the same. They are in your room." It was clear the 'Boss' was loosing patience and his temper the more Jack questioned him, so Jack just sat and didn't speak until the 'Boss' stood up and told him to follow him. "So, let's get you to your room. And those cuffs off. You can't go to the basement or off the grounds. You can go anywhere in the mansion unless they are marked with a red light. Green light means anyone can go on, yellow means cleaners and such can't, red means only the inner gang can. And that's not you yet, you need training for that. Purple means I'm in the room and black means one of the inner gang is."

The two walked along a few corridors and up a flight of stairs - the Boss said he preferred to walk.

"Here we go." The Boss opened a door to show a room, it was incredible! "This is yours. Personalise it if you want, I don't really care. You have everything you should need, except food but maids will come and restock you weekly."

"W-what? Mine?"

He laughed. "Yes. Yours. Becky will act as if she is your girlfriend, I will edit your videos, your dogs are here and you will see your family regularly. It will seem to the world as if you moved and got a girlfriend and editor."

"Oh... So I'll be living a fake life?"

"Yes. If we told the truth, you would be a target. If we let you go, you would betray us."

"I get that, thank you."

"What for?"

"You could have had me killed. This is better than the alternative."

He laughed. "Well, your welcome then. I hope you understand we all pull our own weight around here. Money from your chanel will go into whatever part of the gang you want it to and you will be working as basically an in-house A&E for us."

"Alright, I think I will need showing around, cause this mansion is huge and I have barely seen it."

They both laughed, seeming friendly.

But Jack didn't trust this 'Boss'.

And Boss didn't trust Jack.

And Jack didn't fool the Boss.

But the Boss fooled Jack.