Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

The evening that they were meant to receive confirmation of the missions completion, they received several messages.

The first, a warning. They were about to move in. It was the most important stage of their plan. And the most dangerous.

The second, an alert. Doni was hit in the leg. He was fine and it was under control, but he would need medical attention when they got back.

The third, the completion. They had secured the main area, the rest was practically a given.

The fourth, a cry for help. Wilbur was a part of the opposing gang. Reinforcements needed.

The fifth, the completion again. The reinforcements had arrived fast, they overcame the opposition with ease and Wilbur was handcuffed and held at gunpoint.

The sixth, the news. A sniper a building over shot at Wilbur, but Kai took the bullet. It hit half a centimetre below his heart.

When they got back, Jack ordered that Team One, a larger team with a heart surgeon, care for Kai while Team Two care for Doni.

Kai was given emergency surgery, putting him into a coma.

Doni had the bullet removed and the wound was cleaned and bandaged.

Wilbur was put into the cells below, where Jack had been.

Everyone saw Kai in shifts, all but Jack. He was there pretty much 24/7. He had put himself in charge of Kai's observation, that way he was able to spend as much time at his bedside as he physically could.

When he was sitting in silence, alone with Kai, he thought alot. He thought about how it all started, how everything changed, how it kept changing. He thought about how he felt about various people in the gang. He thought about how obvious it was Becky liked him, and how unable he was to break it to her that he didn't feel the same. As he sat and thought, he realised something.

He realised he liked Kai.

Alot.

He realised he might love Kai.

And he realised just how secret he had to keep that.

And he cried.

-----

Jack was not told for a while of Wilbur betraying them. He was not told where he was. He was not told what happened to Kai. He never asked. He just sat with Kai. He didn't speak much. Neither did anyone though.

Aiden and Sheri had taken over the gang, it took them both to do what Kai did alone.

Thomas and Lauren took over their positions, with help from Yuki and Doni.

Mini, Becky, Fraser and Sasha guarded Wilbur in shifts. Mini and Becky from 8am to 8pm and Fraser and Sasha from 8pm to 8am.

One day, a week or so into Kai's coma, Jack asked what happened. He asked where Wilbur was, what happened to Kai and what actually happened on the mission.

And they told him. All of it.

He was told of how well it went, then if Wilbur betraying them. He was told of reinforcements taking down the gang, of Wilbur being shot at by the sniper. And of Kai taking the bullet willingly after the one it was intended for had being outed as a double agent, a mole. He was told where Wilbur was and that nobody wanted to take action unless Kai approved said action. So, they decided to wait until Kai awoke after they learned that he should be awake within a week.

The next day, Wilbur was allowed to see Kai.

He broke down when he saw him.

"I'm so sorry Boss. It was a mistake, I never wanted you hurt. Wake up soon so I can say it to your face, so I can apologise for what I did and right my wrongs." Wilbur said when he was calm enough.

Jack was the only one in there. He watched Wilbur cry. Jack felt bad for him so he comforted him. Said the Boss would forgive him, he took a bullet for him so he can't be too angry at him. It worked and Wilbur cheered up a bit.

He went back to his cell contented.