Chapter 26

Jowi's p.o.v.

The two genins were rushing their way towards their destination. Running through the village with the only thought on their mind:

"They found Sasuke."

The both of them had an unpredictable expression on their face. There were too many thoughts going through their heads. After what seemed to be forever they arrived at the Hokage's office. Both stopped in front of the entrance and looked at each other.

(Y/N) smiled and placed her hand on Sakura's shoulder. Sakura looked worried and so was (Y/N), but she let Sakura know that everything was going to be okay.

"Don't worry Sakura, whatever news we're about to hear, I'm going to be right there. We are doing this together."

Sakura smiled with (Y/N) and nodded. With that, both of them took off running inside the building.

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

Sakura knocked on the door. Who knows what's waiting for us on the other side. Bad news? Good news? BOTH? As the nervous thoughts were racing through my mind my palms started to get sweaty.

"Enter."

Sakura opened the door and there we saw Tsunade and my friends. And by friends I mean Shikamaru, Choji, Neji, Kiba and Lee. Guess they were also summoned. When we entered and closed the door she cleared her throat and placed her hat on the table.

The tension in the room was high.

She folded her hands and placed them in front if her face.

"Now that you all are here, let's get straight to the point. You guys know the reason I summoned you.
We know where Sasuke is heading."

It felt like my heart was pounding in my throat.

"But the issue is that he's not alone. He's being escorted by four ninjas, and not just any regular ninjas. These are Sound ninjas that work for Orochimaru which means that they are highly skilled."

"If they are highly skilled, why are you sending us, a bunch of genins to go after skilled Sound Ninjas?" Shikamaru asked.

'True...why send us?' I asked myself.

Tsunade chuckled and looked up at Shikamaru.

"Good question Nara, to answer it, let's just say that a certain person convinced me to let all of you go."

'A certain person? Who??'

Just then, somebody came barging through the office door. We all whipped our head around and saw who it was. Or rather who THEY were...

Naruto's p.o.v.

Tsunade-sama is going to kill me! It's all Ero Senin's fault. He was busy talking to some lady on the way.

"Oii you're going to take the blame for this, Tsunade told us not to be late 'ttebayo, this is very urgent bussines."

The sage looked at me uninterested.

"Yeah kid I know, the 'getting your friend back' mission, I know."

I looked at the ground and remembered that day on the rooftop from the hospital. I still remembered the look that he gave me...so...hateful. I understand that he was angry, even I was at that moment, but that he would look at me like that. So much hate in his eyes. But it doesn't matter what he thinks of me. I'm going after him no matter what. He doesn't know it yet, but he and I are one in the same.

"Hey kid, snap out of it. We're here." Ero Senin called out.

I blinked twice before I realised what he meant. I knocked on the door and opened it.