Chapter 27

Jowi's p.o.v.

(Y/N) was following the trail that her friends left behind, but since it was night it was a little more difficult to do so. But she kept going, nothing was going to stop her. She thought that if she was fast enough, she would catch up with the others. But this is the first time in a long time that she was out alone at night. It reminded her of he night that she ran away. The night when she became a Jinjuriki.

She shook off the feeling that was taking over her body and slapped her cheeks lightly.

"Now is not the time to be thinking about this." She thought.

But before she even knew it, the memories took over her mind. She began to pick up speed, soaring through the trees. It all came flashing back. The more she thought about it, the faster she went.

The screams, the corpses, the flames, her mother, her father. She could see it all happening in front of her again. Every single detail was outlined, nothing was left behind. It felt as her insides were burning up.

With being so caught up in her thoughts, she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and bumped into a tree. Before she could react she hit her head and was falling down. She let out a soft cry when she made contact with the ground. She fell flat on her back, exactly on the spot where her lower spine was broken.

"Arghh, SHIT." She cussed out getting up slowly. When she did so she stood up straight and felt that nothing was broken, but she did feel pain in her lower back.

She dusted herself off and took one step before she halted again. Something didn't feel right she thought. Something seems off.

She stood still for a couple of moments and scanned her surroundings carefully. When she did so for few minutes she started to walk slowly.

"How long do think you can run Hime-chan?"

(Y/N) her heart skipped a beat.

Her palms became sweaty.

She just stood still, wide-eyed not moving at all.

As if someone casted a spell on her.

"How long do you think you can run from everything that you left behind?"

The voice spoke out once again. It wasn't the voice that scared the child. She didn't know where it was coming from. She slowly took a kunai out of her pouch and looked around.

"Who's there!" She shouted to probably no one.

She didn't feel any chakra around her, nothing.

The only chakra precense she felt..was hers.

Her eyes widened.

She realised who or rather what is was. She dropped her kunai and looked at her stomach but saw nothing. She raised a brow and was confused.

"Strange, I thought that the curse mark was activated. Then why did it feel like my insides were on fire?" She asked herself.

She let out a sigh and picked up her weapon. She looked around one last time while squinting her eyes.

"Who's there!" She asked once more. No answer.

She let out a groan and took another step.

When she took that step her whole body froze. Her whole body literally froze. Her eyes became white as snow while she faced the sky.

(Y/N) p.o.v.

"What the fuck is going on? Why the hell can't I move?!"

I try to move my body but nothing works. Why can't I break free. What is wrong with me??