Chapter 18

Anderson

My eyes can't be deceiving me I know in my body and soul that, that was Malia.

I picked up the phone and called my private investigator.
"Find someone for me"

"Who sir?"

"Malia Brown , I need all information especially where she lives as soon as possible, I will send you a picture of her".

I will get you Malia ,I will get you and this time you won't be able to escape from me.

               *. *. *. *.  *. *. *. *.

Malia

I was deep in thought in my office and didn't notice when Martin entered, until I felt him tap my shoulder,

"Momma how are you feeling today,is everything alright" he asked

"Yes , am okay , my mind has just been occupied lately"

" Let me do something about that ,how about we go for lunch"

I opened my mouth to protest ,but he beat me to it

"Come on your the boss here and you have an assistant to cover up for you,so let go,or do I have to carry you"

" Fine you naggy man"

He just laughed as I followed him outside to a nearby restaurant for lunch,

"Now tell me what is the matter"

I sighed deeply

"I feel like someone as been following me lately and I know it not my imagination"

" WHAT!!!"

" I know right ,I mean what do they even want from me?"

" what about the children"

" They are at my grandma's ,have been busy lately at work so they are staying with her for the main time"

" That's great,do you want me to come over"he asked

" No , please don't,i don't want to be a burden to you"

He held my hands gently
" You can never be a burden to me,I mean you are my wife-to-be,come on let me come over, please"he said giving me a puppy dog face that I couldn't resist.

I swear he knows how to act like a kid

" Fine you can come stay with me but that until my children are back"

" Okay momma,let me rush home and pick up a few things, should I meet you in your office or what?"

" Nope ,you can meet me at home,am taking the day off"

" That's okay, I will see later then"he stood,dropped the bill and some tips then pecked me on the lips before leaving.

I back stayed back and finished my lunch before leaving the restaurant.

On my drive home ,I noticed this black sleek car following closely, I mean if you have intentions of following someone wouldn't you be a few meters away so the person you are  following won't notice you but this situation is different,it as if the driver was passing a message  and making it obvious that I was the target.

I got scared and sped off to my house normally the drive to my house is 30 minutes but I was there within 15 minutes.

I quickly got out of my car and ran inside my house making sure to lock the door properly behind me.

For christ sake,who the f**k has been following me , I need to report this to the police but what if they say am crazy and only imagining things? Because damn right am losing my mind to fear right now or maybe I need to calm down the person might not have been following me right????

I slept a little before ordering pizza while waiting for Martin to arrive.

Hope you enjoyed it
Please kindly
Comment and
Vote.
Thank you