[REWRITING] ZERO.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
ONE LAST FAVOUR.

ABIGAIL LANCE HAD GIVEN UP FIGHTING CRIME YEARS AGO, after her team collapsed and the one she cared for most left with it

ABIGAIL LANCE HAD GIVEN UP FIGHTING CRIME YEARS AGO, after her team collapsed and the one she cared for most left with it. She didn't want to be that person anymore, she didn't want to live her life behind a mask. Behind lies. So she packed up. Abigail left it behind and moved closer to home, closer to her aunt and uncle. Deeper in the heart of Star City, home of the Green Team (a nickname which had not been warmly welcomed by her family), Abigail joined the SCPD and became a detective, one of their best. She lived for it, until she didn't. So, next, she became a private eye, renowned for her capability to somehow solve even the strangest cases. But it reminded her too much of the life she'd left behind.

Then she turned her back on crime fighting all together, resigning to a calmer life. A calmer life working for her Aunt Dinah at Sherwood Florist, the family owned flower shop, a pun which you only get when you understand Oliver Queen's nighttime activities — which only makes it all the more cringeworthy. It wasn't what she had ever pictured herself doing, but it was oddly nice, a peculiarly pleasant change. Like expecting a drought and getting a warm summer breeze.

But there she was, smiling politely at the delivery man as he pulled up with their weekly arrival of fresh flowers and florals. He smiled back, and she hurriedly signed for the order, picking up one of the boxes before walking inside. It was a small shop, so there weren't an overwhelming amount of containers — but it had been easier when Roy had worked here, too. Things in general had been easier Roy had been around. Abigail sighed through her nose, then dropped the box to the floor, walking back out to repeat the process.

The brunette had barley reached down to pick up the second box when she felt her back pocket begin to vibrate. Reaching her hand back, she pulled out her  phone, frowning at the Unknown flashing on the screen, before accepting the call.

"Hello?" Abigail enquired cautiously.

A female spoke back to her, and the voice clicked on her head almost immediately, "Abby? That you?"

"Amy?" Her voice came out a lot more shocked than the blonde on the other end of the call had expected. But she smiled at the fact her former partner had recognised her so quickly, even after all the years.

Amy Rorhbach and Abigail Lance had been partners at the Star City Police Department whilst Lance had been a detective, but the former had transferred to Oakland PD barely a month after Abigail had quit the force. Despite Amy's fervent rebuke of it, deep down Abigail new the discovery of her nightly heroics was part of the reason her partner had moved. But before that, they had solved more crimes than any other duo before them, setting a new record in the precinct, though it wasn't hard considering how corrupt Star City was.

"Yeah, it's me. I know... I know we didn't leave on the best terms," Amy paused, clearly doubting her decision to call her former friend, "But I need to call in that favour. I've got a case —."

"No," Abigail cut in, already backing out, "I don't take cases anymore. I don't do that anymore."

"Abby, you're the best P.I. I know. Even after you left the department, you solved more cases than we ever did," Amy had barely left the morgue when she had called Abigail, and was now stood just outside in the grasp of the cold air, "There is some weird shit going on, and it's way out of my range of expertise. Besides, you still owe me, remember?"

Abigail opened her mouth to say no again, but instead let out a resigned sigh, closing her eyes and hanging her head back before she replied. "What do you need me to do?"

And that was it. One call. That's all it took. One call off of her ex-partner from Star City Police Department, the cashing in of one last favour and Abigail Lance was set on a collision course with the life she'd abandoned. A collision course that would lead her straight back to the people she'd left in her past.

NOTE!
i know amy transferred from oakland, and i haven't changed that, i've just give her a big more of a pre-history to help tie abby's character into the narrative! she isn't gonna run into dick & raven right away, so there will be a few non-show chapters — but she will be in at least half of ep2! yeah i'm impatient and want her to reunite with dick so ya haven't gotta wait that long kiddos.

NOTE!i know amy transferred from oakland, and i haven't changed that, i've just give her a big more of a pre-history to help tie abby's character into the narrative! she isn't gonna run into dick & raven right away, so there will be a few non-show...