NINETEEN.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
WRAITH.

"WELL, AT LEAST YOU'RE ALIVE

"WELL, AT LEAST YOU'RE ALIVE."

Abigail Lance raised an eyebrow at the comment spouted from the lips of the brunet before her, unamused expression slowly creeping across his face as he took in the group at his front door. Okay, yes, it was 3am in the morning, and the faint flush of dawn was barely scraping along the sapphire skies — but he was probably awake anyway.

He looked her up and down. "I suppose."

"Suppose?" Abby repeated, a small smile sliding over her lips. "Charming as ever, Noah."

"It comes with the territory," the man shrugged, lips tugging up into a faint smile, stepping back to let them walk into the house.

The Maya Black's (aka the Ghost) mansion was home to five kids, and two adults (although Barry Allen and his wife split their time between both Central and Daybreak City) so to say that last time Abby had stepped foot in there it was a madhouse, would be an understatement. Seeing that all but one of the residents had an ability of some description, there was often some sort of chaos taking out half of the east wing at some point.

Luckily for the (nonexistent) neighbours, the manor was in the middle of acres of land owned by the Black Family, and was miles from anyone who could be alarmed by the amount of times the house had to be restored. Maya Black and Barry Allen's home was a soft and pleasant mixture of extravagant and simple — the ornate interior and exterior design was complemented by the warm hues and array of family photographs that filled the inside.

The house was practically brimming with candid homeliness, no fancy chandeliers or expensive rugs lined the halls and floors; the walls (which had survived five kids and two superparents) were tarnished, the wooden floors were scuffed and the sofas and pillows and armchairs were worn and broken in. The lightbulbs flickered from time to time (except for the busted one above the fireplace which Barry still promised he'd do at the weekend) and the stairs sometimes creaked if you ran up them too fast.

Such a grand home was overshadowed by the love evidentially shared by the family that lived in it.

The kids inside may have come from all walks of life, but they were adored by the couple who'd taken them in. It didn't matter though, because Noah Reyes was still a tough enigma to crack. The adopted son of billionaire, Maya Black, and forensic scientist, Barry Allen, he was the first child the couple brought home. He grew up on the streets, running from his parents, until a freak accident left him with the ability to turn invisible.