TWENTY SIX.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
JUNIOR LEAGUE.

ABIGAIL LANCE HAD TAKEN A BULLET BEFORE, in fact, she'd taken more than a few bullets before

ABIGAIL LANCE HAD TAKEN A BULLET BEFORE, in fact, she'd taken more than a few bullets before. It seemed to come hand in hand with parading around the streets at night in black leather — however, it didn't stop her shoulder from hurting like a bitch whenever she so much as moved; and it didn't stop the concern she was feeling about how much blood she was losing.

"It's Jason Todd, by the way," the boy in tricoloured armour finally announced to Abby, breaking the silence.

She barely spared him a glance, all but ignoring his arrogant tone as she pulled out the car keys from her pocket, watching more droplets of scarlet blood splatter on the floor.

"Shouldn't we stop and patch her up?"

The new Robin's voice reached her ears from behind her, where he and Dick were dragging Adamson's unconscious form across the rough concrete of the parking lot. Life still moved on outside, the streets of Chicago overflowing with people completely unaware of the assault that had just happened in the building they were passing.

"She can hear you," Abby snapped, looking over her shoulder, "Getting me patched up is gonna be the least of our worries if we're not out of the car park before the rest of those gunmen show up."

"Right, but you won't be much help if you've passed out from blood loss," Jason pointed out.

"I'd still be more help than you," Abby smiled sweetly.

They stopped by the car Abby and Dick arrived in, the former unlocking the trunk and opening it, only to let out a sharp hiss and begin cursing as she thoughtlessly used her wounded shoulder. Dick appeared at her side, lowering her arm and lifting the hatch of the trunk the rest of the way himself.

Jason stood behind, arms folded as he watched Abby frown in pain. "You sure about that one?"

The brunette turned to look at him with a bewildered glare. The boy did not know when to shut up.

"It's not you," Ava reassured Abby, her tone flat, "He's always this annoying."

"I've told you, it's part of my charm," he brushed her comment off.

Ava looked to him, eyebrow raised. "What charm?"

"Okay, kids," Abby interrupted, stepping between the two, "Time out. Help Bird Brain with the unconscious supervillain."

She caught sight of Dick, who was already struggling with moving Adamson, his face caked with dried blood — not just his own — and a grimace plastered across his lips. He looked like shit, and she knew she looked the same. Fantastic.