NINE.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
FIREWALL.

BY THE TIME THEY HAD LEFT THE HOSPITAL, Abby was almost fully recovered

BY THE TIME THEY HAD LEFT THE HOSPITAL, Abby was almost fully recovered. She'd functioned in worse conditions, but the doctors at this particular facility seemed less keen on letting her go still with a mild concussion. Star City would never do this to her.

The days she'd spend holed up here had reminded her why she had never complained when Ollie or Dinah or Roy stitched her up in the basement. She'd spent her time in here thinking about them. She missed them. Maybe she should call.

A frown spread across Abigail's brow. Dinah would worry if she knew what was happening. Ollie would probably boom tube to Washington within five minutes. Roy? Would he care? Would he even pick up?

"You okay?"

At the sound of Dick's voice, Abigail looked up. He was watching with a pensive expression as she signed the last of the release forms, her pen hovering over the page. She smiled and nodded, hurriedly scribbling her signature on the dotted line before she slid the papers across the front desk; slinging her bag over her shoulder, she winced in pain as the strap caught a bruise.

Dick had gone back to Hank and Dawn's yesterday with the former to retrieve their things, and so Hank could have a shower, change his clothes. Abby wanted to go with him instead. She didn't want him to go home alone. But when Hank said she wasn't allowed to leave the hospital, she wasn't allowed to leave the hospital.

"Leaving without saying goodbye, Tremors?"

Speak of the devil. A smile curved Abby's lips upwards. Hank. She turned slowly on her heels to face the towering man. She rolled her eyes and moved in for a hug, wincing as he squeezed her tight against his chest.

"Alright," Abigail wheezed, parting his back, "Kinda suffocating me now, Bird Boy. Lemme go."

He dropped her to the floor and ruffled her hair, something that was becoming a frequent occurrence, much to Abby's vague annoyance. She punched his shoulder lightly before pursing her lips into a tight line.

"I'm gonna miss you, buddy," Abigail sighed, "Don't be a stranger. Can't leave it this many years to see each other again."

Hank scoffed, arching his eyebrows at her, "Yeah, half a decade is pushing it — even for my antisocial ass."

"We had our reasons, Hank. You know what it did to Donna," Abigail reasoned softly, tilting her head.

"I know what it did to you, Lance. You and Dick." A puff of air left Hank's mouth, before he frowned, "You ever hear from Nora after she went dark?"