SEVENTEEN.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
COMMUNICATION ISSUES.

HE CAME BACK LIKE A SHIPWRECKED SAILOR

HE CAME BACK LIKE A SHIPWRECKED SAILOR. Like a sun-dozed, sea-swept lost boy, returned from the stars. As though he'd been sinking, drowning, and had finally broken the surface, free from the pull of a dark abyss. He sat up abruptly, grasping at his chest, gasping for air, dragging it into his oxygen deprived lungs like the last drops of sun in winter.

Rachel skidded away in surprise, Abby fell backwards in shock. It wasn't possible. It wasn't right. Now all she could think of was fear. Fear that this unnatural saving grace would turn him into something he wasn't. She'd seen what resurrection could do to a being. How it could corrupt them. It made an infernal coldness coat her bones.

Her breath caught in her throat, her eyes taking in the newly rejuvenated Dick Grayson with his bright eyes and rosy cheeks and saturated skin. With all traces of Death erased entirely from his being. He looked more alive than she'd seen him at any point these past few days. At least she didn't have visit Nanda Parbat.

"So, does someone care to explain why the fuck we just had a Pet Cemetery reenactment?" Jess blurted out, hands still hovering over a wound marring the green haired boy's head.

"Does my face like I know the answer to that?" Abby replied in her typical sarky tone. "Who's your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend!" Jessica choked out, cheeks almost as red as the blood staining her forehead. The green haired book looked the same. "This is Gar."

Abby smiled, though there was still a wicked gleam in her eye, "Nice to meet you, Gar."

The boy nodded nervously, watching pensively as Dick stood to his feet, offering the brunette his hand, who grimaced in pain and took it, still bloodied and bruised. He pulled her up gently, watching with a frown as she avoided his gaze and instead moved to help Rachel up.

Abby began almost limping away, Rachel supporting her best she could silently, knowing better than to try and help the former superhero in any physical way. Dick laughed softly to himself, watching her go before smiling coyly.

"For the record," Dick called after her. She slowed, but didn't stop. "Coming in here alone was a pretty suicidal move, Abs."

She stuck her middle finger up over her shoulder. "You're a fucking hypocrite, Grayson — for the record!"

"Keep living up to your name, buddy," Jess mused, patting him on the back, "You're doing great."

Dick turned to her with a clenched expression, only to find she'd already began to leave, Garfield a her side. He huffed. This is why he didn't want to half-adopt a pair of teenagers. Kory appeared at his side as he began making his way back through the house.