TWENTY FOUR.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
THE ODDS.

INTRODUCING:

INTRODUCING:

ava black.
NATALIE ALYN LIND.
BLUE ARROW.

THE SIX HOUR JOURNEY WAS LONG. Abby had not been allowed to drive, unsurprisingly, but riding shotgun gave her enough time look into the 'Seventy Nine Central' apartments (the location the GPS was sending them). By the time they arrived, she already knew the ins and outs of the skyscraper. Old habits, right?

Dick had been quick to point out that it still didn't mean they knew what they were walking into. A middle finger had been his only response. He didn't argue after that.

The sound of Abby's door slamming shut echoed off the walls of the car park behind the high rise and finally signalled their official arrival in Chicago, Illinois. Sirens wailed in the distance and the sun glinted on tinted office windows, the buzz of people and life swarming around outside, and entirely different world to the one the two of them knew.

That was one of the things she'd always hated about being a vigilante. No matter what life or death situation she was fighting, stepping into the day reminded her these people weren't fighting it. She was still an outsider.

In the end she supposed Oliver had always been right. Once you walk in the shadows, you never truly step back into the light. The darkness doesn't simply leave when the sun comes out. Being a hero takes a toll.

And Abigail Lance couldn't even be angry about it. She could not ask the cosmos why me? She could not step into the light and not see the shadows under her skin because this was the life she chose. This was her choice. Her road. She knew where it ended. Hadn't she always?

"Let's go," Dick said, fingers grazing her elbow as he nodded his head towards the glass doors of Seventy Nine Central.

She tore her eyes from the bustling street, meeting his gaze for a moment before pushing ahead, the two making their way around to take the front entrance into the apartments, Abby stepping in first.