Fox McCloud x Reader: Victory

ONESHOT NUMBER

uh

ONE

This was voted upon by the lovely SteamPunk_Violet <3

I hope it isn't disappointing to you hsksksks- I tried my best, uwu

I will GLADLY edit the story to be y/n or s/o if you don't like the context, Violet! I wasn't too sure what to do and didn't realize the afterthoughts until literally just now (time of PUBLISHIN-)

Also credit to the mild inspiration for the 'celebration' tick here (Shadic your Fox x Wolf story is byoutifyl btw hjskjskjhskjs- dont stress yourself out tho pls)
____________________________________________________

As dawn began to fall, many cheers rang from down below. The sounds of talking, even from your perch at the top of the Great fox were louder than they seemed. As the sky slowly went from pale orange to a deep purple, Corneria celebrated. A long battle had been won this day-- for at last, Andross had been defeated. Thanks to team Starfox, of course. 

And while the rest of the team lingered down below, you refused to join them. Opting rather to watch the sunset- and let your mind wander. The battle may have been won, but a war stirred on in your heart. The thoughts winding through your head in a near continuous motion- until you had finally settled on one to focus on.

Fox.....Fox Mccloud. Leader of Starfox, and someone you had called a friend for longer than you could remember. The passionate animal who had set out with the rest of his team to defeat Andross, and avenge his father's demise...He had always seemed to spark a feeling in your heart no other person had at that point. The feeling as if you were walking on air, no matter how serious the situation had gotten. The feeling haunted and frustrated you for the longest time.

'..Why do I keep feeling like this?'

The mere thought of the leader caused your heart to pitter-patter at the speed of light. As it had for who knows how long, now. You tried to ignore it, but it lingered like a bad taste in your mouth. For the longest time you wondered, 'What am I feeling?' and as you continued to think and think, your mind continued to wander to him: you always wandered to him.

With a complete disregard of your own safety, you had dove in to save him when Starwolf made there final showdown on Venom.. The anxiousness felt the moment Andross's base began to go out with a bang. Reassurance you'd give to keep him going- to let him know his team and yourself were there for him to the end of that mission. Reckless things, the intense and crippling worry for his safety. Confidence that you would be there for him- despite any consequences.. Things that only someone so hopelessly in love would do.

'That word.. 'Love'. The word hits like a train. Me? In love... I love him.. Don't I?' 

Finally by then, you'd figured out why Fox's presence always seemed to cause your heart to increase and the room to suddenly heat up; You had fallen for the sly Fox. Hard.