Falco Lombardi x Reader: Lost (Pt. 1)

its other oneshot time this took forever cause I got sick aaaaaaa

Friendly PSA: I love the word 'space pirates', it just sounds so cool.

AHEM-

requested by SpaceWeirdoXD ^^

Basing the area (Mapwise) off of StarFox SNES, dont get too confused! <3

_________________________________________________________

..The silence was deafening. Amongst the strange, fish-like creatures that swam through the empty space and the large amoebas that would occasionally cling to your Arwing at the slightest brush.. besides you and Falco's radio chatter and the whir of your Arwings- there was nothing. Falco and yourself had been assigned a simple mission; find out what the cause for the reports of rouge abandoned fighters, crafts, and torn metallic parts in Sector Y were. There had apparently been multiple sightings of something in the normally quiet sector- something big. Huge even. And, despite being eyewitness reports, the mass of sightings (hysteria or not) was convincing- and worrying - enough for the StarFox team to be sent out to investigate. 

When the team had received the message, though, it happened that the remainder of the crew were currently busy tasking with other issues.. Excluding Falco and yourself. Thus the snippy duo were sent off to check out the situation; and whether or not it was a situation at all. Falco protested at first, being that sector Y was known to be a commonplace for crafts to short circuit and stop responding due to the magnetic waves found in the sector. Although not as bad as Sector X, getting trapped there with nowhere to go would still be a death sentence at the hands of space pirates, Venomians, and oxygen deprivation alike. Of course, despite these risks, you both ended up taking the plunge and going nonetheless.

_________________________________________________________

..To say you and Falco were friends would be an exaggeration- or at least it was now. Your personalities seemingly clashed like metal clanging into metal, and when you two met you both embraced this. At first it was simple: he hated you- you hated him- both excessively. There wasn't a day where the rest of the team had to bare the arguing that would constantly be flung around if anyone put either of you within three feet of one another.  Obviously this got tiring very quickly for everyone involved. So, not even a week after you had joined, this would be quickly shut down by Fox.. Somehow.

 Fox had faith you two could manage to get along despite the differences and if the two of you could put your differences apart for five minutes and try talking things out- maybe something would happen between you two. At least, that's what he thought of the situation. So not even a day after the thought, Fox made the two of you simply sit down. In an attempt to at least  have the two of you try to get to know one another instead of arguing both your lungs out- and by the end of that day, it was almost like you were old pals. Almost. Still a whole lot of arguing now and then. It definitely took awhile for you to actually start getting along and cooperating with one another.

...But as mentioned.. 'friends' was an exaggeration nowadays; slightly less passive-aggressive besties was what the rest of the team referred to your.. intriguing relationship now. Things were beginning to look better between the two of you.

It had nearly been five months after you'd joined the team. Most of that time with Falco now that you thought it over. Despite the occasional 'egoist' personality that'd fly out of him like a loose cannon, he could be quite friendly. His talent in flight was akin to Fox's own, and the cockiness and charm that came with it always managed to enthrall people (including yourself from time to time). He was the definition of hotshot- and despite the recklessness that came radiating from him in the field as well as his snappy temper.. you admired him quite a bit now that you were able to look past his flaws and see how nice he could be. A handful, for sure. But getting onto his softer side was worth tolerating his many, many moments.