chapter 14 : party invite

『 ❈ 』

『 ❈ 』

mark had to go to school without haechan. before he left, he checked up on the younger. he pressed his palm on haechan's neck and he was still warm. so he prepared some medicine and water on the table bed side table and left a note - reminding him to drink it.

he entered his classroom and placed his bag on his chair. he fiddled with his pen but after some time twisting it, it fell down on the floor. he was about to take it but yenwoo already had her hand on it, she gave it to mark.

"thanks," mark said.

she giggled and went to her friends, most likely gossiping about a mere interaction. mark wishes haechan was here.

he still had a lot of time before first period starts. he tapped jeno, who was napping, waking him up.

"what?" he asked with weak eyes.

"stroll around the campus, game?" mark offered.

jeno agreed and they both left the classroom.

they wandered around the hall until ending up in the court yard. they were met by the tall
athletic chinese male, he was playing basketball by himself.

"lucas!" eagerly said by mark and jeno.

he was about to shoot the ball but because he was called, he looked at them and threw the ball somewhere in the court.

"MARK LEE!" yukhei shouted, hugging mark with a few pat.

yukhei also extended his arm for jeno, "EYESMILE JENO!"

the three sat on the benches.

yukhei sipped on his water bottle, his back against the frame.

"how's you and jungwoo-hyung?" mark asked.

"we're going great! though we don't meet frequently, mostly text because of his work" cheerfully answered lucas, "what about you and that haechan kid?"

mark was shocked, "you knew about haechan and I?"

jeno spoke, "news in this school spread really fast, it's no surprise yukhei found out about it"

lucas nodded.

"well, we're okay.. I guess.. he confessed.." mark explained in a whisper.

"HE DID?!?" jeno and lucas gasped.

mark scratched his nape, "not really, he just thought I was asleep so he impulsively said what he thought about me"

"god, so when are YOU going to confess?" jeno rolled his eyes.

"after my talk with dad," mark answered.