chapter 27: preparations

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

haechan gathered all his and marks friends over his house. why? you may ask. because instead of waiting for mark to ask him out, he went on ahead and took matters to his own hands. if mark won't make him his, then haechan has no choice but to make mark his.

the nct hyungs and the lee parents are tasked to the catering. all of these preparation sounds too extravagant, huh? but to donghyuck, this is just a quarter of his feelings being conyeved for mark.

he's currently on the phone with renjun who is currently with xiaojun. the said pair is at the supermarket to buy some props and party designs. they had a query about something and decided to call donghyuck.

"yeah, grab about four of those?"

renjun replied, "got it, thanks!"

after the call, lucas, yangyang, and hendery could be heard from the living room to the kitchen. they decided to do an intermission number for the future couple. 

"lucas!" haechan shouted over the loud music and laughters.

"yes?!" lucas shouted back.

"can you take this practice outside - in the backyard?!"

"okay!!" immediately after responding, the deafening music was halted.

that was one less headache for donghyuck. now that the blaring sound is gone, he can focus more on baking. since cakes are a staple on every occasion and hold such great meanings, he decided he should partake in the process of baking one. to help him in this, we have our good ol' trusty jaemin. the bunny and the sunshine vigorously started to make the cake batter and the icing. the recipe printed out by the two errand boys (chenle and jisung) sat still where the two bakers could see it clearly. 

the two maknaes, clearly bored, sat on the stool and quietly paid attention on whatever haechan and jaemin were doing. chenle had enough of this uninteresting atmosphere and grabbed his phone from his pocket. like the typical teenager he is, he opened sns and saw the same post mark was infuriated about. shockingly enough, he also the comments made by his friends defending haechan and yet no one has said a word to the center of all this drama.

zhong chenle scrunched his face by the antagonizing post made towards the friend before him.

"haechan-hyung, look" he said as he showed his screen to donghyuck who was busy whisking the dry ingredients together.

initially showing an appalled look but upon witnessing the people who were safeguarding his image, he simply smiled. he was tired of worrying about what strangers thought of him when the only people he should brood about is his friends and family.

chenle, visibly confused as to what caused a smile to appear on haechan's face, asked"are you not mad, hyung?"

his eyebrows arched.

jaemin joined the conversation and mockingly remarked, "haters will hate" and stuck out his tongue.

haechan laughed at the gesture and added his rumination, "I don't have to worry, mark is probably handling the situation right now"

jisung tilted his head, "do both of you have some sort of telepathic ability now because how the heck would you know that?"

"maybe it is telepathy or maybe we just know each other very well" he said with a grin

jaemin commented, "both seems feasible" as he rolled his eyes to the sweetness of that sentence

momentarily after, yangyang swiftly said he needed to go home for awhile. haechan acknowledged it without further thought. 

"jaemin, can you get the baking sheet?" 

--
[a/n]
merry christmas, my simplycities :Þ

qotd; any stories to tell during this holiday season?

have a nice day!